TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a quick question and I can't seem to find the answer.

I am going to make the switch from my HR10-250 to the HR20 from DTV. However I remember reading somewhere there is not dual tuner live buffer with the HR20. What exactly does that mean?

My real question,

Will I still be able to record a show and watch another live at the same time?

Thanks,
Chad

·
Go Pats
46,437 Posts
it means, if you are watching tv LIVE (nothing recording) on channel X, then switch to channel Y, you will lose the buffer on X

So if you go from X to Y and back to X, there is NO buffer left.

If you hit record you are all set, just live to live

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, that makes me feel better. I can learn to live without the live buffer thing, but if I have to watch the channel that I am recording, I might as well go back to the stone age VCR.

Thanks for the quick response.

Chad

·
Go Pats
46,437 Posts
NYURDRMS said:
Cool, that makes me feel better. I can learn to live without the live buffer thing, but if I have to watch the channel that I am recording, I might as well go back to the stone age VCR.

Thanks for the quick response.

Chad
you probably already know, but if you are recording TWO things, you can't watch a third live thing

obviously you can watch a recorded thing already

or you can record on one tuner and watch live on another

·
Banned
16,957 Posts
Since this is an HR20 question thread... If I switch to the HR20 from my HR10-250 would I still get local's in HD even if I canceled the HD package?

·
has gone his way...
11,164 Posts
montag said:
Since this is an HR20 question thread... If I switch to the HR20 from my HR10-250 would I still get local's in HD even if I canceled the HD package?
No

The HD package is required to receive ANY HD content via SAT.

·
Registered
881 Posts
montag said:
"Sticking with free" would indicate I'm sticking with my HR10-250 and not upgrading.
Ahhh, I took "sticking to free" to be a direct response to paying $10 for the HD package, and that you thought you could upgrade and then cancel the HD package.

·
Registered
349 Posts
ebonovic said:
No

The HD package is required to receive ANY HD content via SAT.
I currently receive HD locals AND HD showtime without an HD package. I'll be adding the $10 HD package as soon as the new stuff goes live but as of right now i don't have it or a base plan that includes HD.

·
has gone his way...
11,164 Posts
Sirshagg said:
I currently receive HD locals AND HD showtime without an HD package. I'll be adding the $10 HD package as soon as the new stuff goes live but as of right now i don't have it or a base plan that includes HD.
With which receiver?

You are also grandfathered in.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts