TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never had a problem with the 30-second skip thing on my HR 10 - but tonight I'm watching THE COMPANY recorded on TNTHD, and the 30-second skip is going forward only 5 or 10 seconds (hard to tell). It works fine on other recorded programs from other channels. ANy one else experience this?

·
HD evangelist
3,604 Posts
HDN seems to have this problem a lot. Sometimes it affects the entire program, and sometimes not. Just last week I recorded some movie over there and by mistake I recorded it on two HR10's (same exact time). It was doing the 5-second thing, and I compared it to the other recording on the other HR10, and that one was fine :eek: . About a half-hour later the original one was OK as well.

I used to watch Joan of Arcadia on HDN last year (maybe on HDNM) and it seemed to do it on every episode I recorded.

My theory is that something in the bitstream that is like a timestamp to the 30-second FFW thing is not being interpreted properly, but even if that theory is right, it doesn't help any of us much :eek: .

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JimSpence said:
Yeah, that seems to be the way it works. It is some what haphazard.
Have you noticed that the 8s replay is messed up as well?
Yup - that's screwed up as well.
And yes, I've also had all kind of weird things recording/playing back stuff from HDNet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.