TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this over at dbstalk and Earl B. advised me to repost here for advice. He thought that it is indeed a problem with the secondary partition. What options do I have (this is an owned unit).

TIA,

- Merle

Searched but didn't see any threads describing this problem...

I recently activated a used HR10-250. It has software version 3.1.5-01-2-357 (no letter suffix), and has been working fine. I wanted to get the latest release (our other HR10-250 is at 6.3d), so about 3 weeks ago I started performing a forced update by calling on a daily basis. Eventually I saw the Restart Pending message.

Performed a manual restart, and after the Powering Up screen, it showed a screen saying that new software from the Tivo Service was installing. This took approximately 5 minutes. Then, the acquiring satellite screen came up, went through to 100%, and then the unit went back to live TV. Checked the software version and it hadn't updated. No error messages.

I then did a Clear and Delete Everything to see if that would help. That was last week. This evening's forced phone call finally again showed Restart Pending, but the results were exactly the same.

Does this mean that the secondary partition where the update is installed is bad and that the update isn't fully installing, so the device remains at 3.1.5? Or is there some other magic incantation to force the update.

TIA, Merle

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JimSpence said:
This thread is similar, so keep track there as well.
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=363403

Your option is to replace the hard drive.

For those interested, the thread on DBSTalk is here,
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=95581

To make you feel better, my HR10 got the update last night and is working fine. :)
Thanks. Maybe it's time to upgrade the drive... :) 3.1.5 is working ok for us (it's a secondary DVR), so for now I'll keep tabs on the thread you posted in case there's some other reason for the problem I'm seeing.

- Merle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts