TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am also somewhat in this boat. I am in the Birmingham, AL market (we are not in the top 36). I think I can get all of my locals OTA. I have looked at all of my options for HD (cable to Dish to DirecTV). I have been a DirecTivo customer for 3 years and couldn't imagine watching TV any other way! The thing that really makes me want to stay with a Tivo unit is the "dual live buffers" (this is one of my favorite features on my Tivo). As far as I can tell, no other provider offers that except for Tivo.

Having said all of that, I have just about decided to get the HR10-250 and get my locals OTA. I want to make sure that I get a HR10-250 before D* quits selling them. Don't I have at least three or four months before they quit selling them?

Also, I am assuming that if I buy the HR10-250 and get my locals OTA, then I will be set indefinitely (in other words, that set-up should last me until I decide to upgrade). MPEG-4 should have no effect on me. Is this correct?

Thanks to all on this board for your input!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Although, now that I think about it, I will lose the ability to record things like ESPN and Discovery in HD, right? Any idea how long that will be? (When they change the ESPNs of the world to MPEG-4)?

·
Registered
32 Posts
jmarks2001 said:
Wait a second...are people with non-MPEG4 HD receivers (DVRs and non-DVRs) going to lose DTV HD channels soon?
That's what I am starting to worry about. I thought I would be set if I could snag my HR10-250 before D* quit selling them. Now I am not so sure?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.