TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2,635 Posts
Most of your questions can be answered with a simple "Yes". Go to antennaweb.org and enter your details to see the recommendations for HD in your area. I'm about 50 miles south of you (Toccoa) and I know I can't get any OTA content from GSP or ATL, but I still have the HR10 and love it.

If you order from D*, they will insist on installing and should install a new multiplexer and dish if needed. Installation is free. They will also supply an OTA antenna for $50 (but you can negotiate). If your local RadioShrek can get OTA then so should you! This is another question the installer can answer for you - either by previous knowledge or by connecting the antenna and testing it. If no OTA, you can tell him to take it back and get D* to credit you the 50 bucks.

It's probably going to be another 2 years or so (but don't quote me) before you get the MPEG4 locals, so you'll at least get that out of the HD DVR.

·
Banned
2,635 Posts
HogarthNH said:
Quoting you. You're grossly misinformed.
If he's in Market #35, he should have MPEG4 locals before July.

Regardless, I love the HR10-250. I'd buy one now, and consider upgrading when offered.

H
Yes, but how long before they get to swap out for the HD DVRs? I read a statement saying it would take AT LEAST two years to swap them all out! (now where's that smiley blowing a raspberry?) :D

·
Banned
2,635 Posts
HogarthNH said:
When the last market won't be up until late 2007.. and they won't swap you until your market is live with MPEG4.. hrm...

The swap will begin relatively soon after the HR20 is available. I promise you that.

H
Yeah, but the key word in your reply is "begin". I get the Atlanta locals but I'm too far away to get OTA HD. I could get an H10 now and lose all DVR functions and I'll bet when the HR20 is available (is it me or do others suspect that Q1 or 2 2006 is optimistic?), there will be a charge for the swap or at least a 2 year wait for a freebie!

So, Hogie, I think your promises are piecrust.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.