TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I plugged in an HDMI cable to the HDMI output on my HR10-250. As expected, my component video output turned off. I then unplugged the HDMI cable from the HR10-250, and my component video output stayed off! Nothing I do seems to enable the component video, not changing the video mode on the front of the unit, not even turning the unit off and letting it sit for a while before turning it back on. I had this same problem when I first bought my HR10-250 a few years ago (it was one of the first units produced); at some point the component video output started working again for no obvious reason. Any suggestions on what to try?

Steve

·
Just hangin'
30,958 Posts
Sounds like a problem with the HDMI card.

Did you unplug the HDMI while the TV was turned on?
Try reconnecting to see if it still works. Then turn off the TV before disconnecting the cable.

Warning: the above is all conjecture. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jim, I appreciate you giving me any conjuctures as I've run out of even those! Unfortunately, this fails to get the component video output turned back on.

Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've rebooted at least a dozen times without the HDMI cable connected, sometimes waiting for a while before plugging it back in. Has anyone tried removing the HDMI card from the unit? I'd be afraid I'd have issues rebooting. I might get desperate enough to try, though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts