TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I just want to toss something off of you folks. One of my HR10-250's had a HD die. I have the protection plan and I just received a replacement HR20. I didn't receive a return shipping label. I called DTV and they said since the HR10-250 was owned by me, it is mine to keep. I've had DTV tell me not to return a receiver before only to get charged. Is this what you folks are seeing? I ask because I might just get the HD replaced and keep it on another TV.

Thanks,
Dino

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to waste people's time, but I just realized how pricey the replacement drives are. Seems pointless to spend close to what DTV charges for a new (although leased) HR20. (Although I really dislike the HR20).

Dino

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rminsk said:
They are cheap. Any PATA drive will do. I quick scan of Frys shows a Seagate 250GB drive for $50 and a 300GB drive for $60.
I was being lazy. I was looking to buy a ready to go drive. I've added second drives before but haven't added a primary drive. I figured it would take a lot of reading to get caught up. I guess that I can read up over on the underground and do it myself. I am just so busy now (work and expecting a baby). I hate the HR20 enough to take time out of my schedule to do so.

Thanks,
Dino

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.