TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of at a loss on how to proceed here ... my 2-year-old HR10-250 has been showing some signs of hard drive problems ... lately it's been fine watching standard television, but the hi-def channels, both D* and OTA, it's been stuttering, freezing, etc. ... both on live TV and shows previously recorded when there were no problems.

It's covered under Circuit City's protection plan, but before going through the process of getting a brand new one, I tried a restart clearing the program data, ratings, season passes, etc., and when it finally came back online, it seems to be okay again.

This is the second time this has happened; it was acting wonky about two months ago but mysteriously fixed itself. I don't know if clearing that data does any other housekeeping tasks having to do with the disk itself, or if this is just a temporary reprieve during which I should watch everything I've saved in hi-def before ordering another unit. Ideas?

·
Advanced Member
533 Posts
I'm on my 3rd replacement unit from DTV (last was June 2005) and mine is doing the same thing. If its under warranty or protection plan, get another one. I don't have that option now. I may have to get a replacement hard drive from Weakness.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts