TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· AlbanyHDTV
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm writing this because I have experienced the same issues Howard spoke about on this morning's show.

During both playback and live TV, I experience stuttering. I have a Roamio+ NOT running Hydra, not sure what Howard has. I have Verizon FiOS and haven’t had the issue until recently, about the same time TiVo rolled out Hydra.

Interestingly, Howard also mentioned that he uses Plex.

· AlbanyHDTV
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Link, transcript, topic, time, guest, anything?

No idea what you are referring to....
From MarksFriggin.com:

Howard said he was in bed watching TV and his TiVo channels were both cutting out. He did an impression of it playing and cutting out. He said he figured there was something wrong with the TV. He said he went to investigate. He figured it was a wire in the back of the TV. He said his wife gets in bed and she usually just wants to sleep. He said she wanted to watch TV this time. Howard said he was upset because his staff is supposed to check this stuff every day. Howard said he was sitting there getting steamed. He said he was pushing in the wires and then he goes to the Satellite and that's fine. He said it had to do with the TiVo 1 and 2. He said he's not sure what was going on.

Howard took a call from his TiVo. The guys were doing an impression of the TiVo cutting out. Jason asked why he has 2 TiVos. Howard said he and Beth have their own TiVo so that's why he has 1 and 2. He said he just wants this stuff to work. He said he got this guy to install this stuff and they didn't get it right. He said it's like torture. Ronnie said Howard has always had problems. Howard said he went to watch his big screen TV and it didn't work. He said they always have an excuse for why it doesn't work. Howard said Gary has like 7 TiVos. Gary said he has 5 and there's stuff on every one.

Howard said he came up with an idea to look for something to watch. He said there was nothing on TV. He told Beth he had this Plex thing where he has this movie. He said he had put ''Novitiate'' on there. He said he told Beth they were going to watch that. He said it was a movie about nuns so he didn't think he'd like it. He said he was desperate for something. He said he put on the movie and they're watching it and from the moment it starts they're into it. He said thank God for that. He said he would have blown a stack if that didn't work. He said he has pumped endless money into this thing.

Howard said they'll be fixing this thing today but then it'll stop working again. Gary asked if they have explanations for this stuff. Howard said they do. He did an impression of someone telling him what's wrong. Howard said he has to cross his fingers that this thing will work. He said he had people over one time and he wasn't able to watch the TV.

Robin said she has to find out about Plex. Howard told her not to bother with it. Howard said just knock on wood that her TiVo works. He said he's going to hire Stephen Hawking to run his stuff. He said they say this guy is a genius.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.