TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 4 Posts

·
Advanced TiVoOligan
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow, I'm leaving Spectrum for internet only WoW!
I have a 1T HD with many shows I want to watch and have always assumed I could.

1. What should I do, how should I move connections so I can watch those old shows?

2. Also, I'm inclined to fiddle around around. I have internet only (I haven't signed up for TV--I need to cut down on $$ and Spectrum has been almost $140 for basic cable--no premium) as well as Roku. I will probably see if there's any way I can get station through WOW, and would have to probably re-setup. If I do that will it mess up shows already recorded? Is there any hookups I should avoid? I don't want to accidentally delete.

I have a Series 3 and have had Tivo since about 2002.

Any other advice? Is there another Tivo that would be good with Roku. I am on a very fixed, low level SS, so I'm pretty limited, but heart broken to go into the wild, disorganized, non Tivo world.

Thanks!
Megory

·
Advanced TiVoOligan
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yay! So I can keep all the same connections and watch pre-recorded Tivo, and use Roku the rest of the time. I do think I shouldn't have the cable (WoW!) coming into Tivo but rather the TV?

I'm not ready for an antenna, although that was my original idea a few years ago. As an internet only subscriber, I will keep using my Roku on both TVs.

Cable company continues while a rude employee seeks to hook me up. A 20 year way of life is ending. Boo hoo.

Thanks very much for your input, I appreciate it!

M

You do not have to do anything at all to continue watching those recorded shows. If you can play them today, you will still be able to play them when the evil cable company is gone.

If you want to try and use an antenna with that S3, then you do need to re-run guided setup, but that won't affect your existing recordings, nor does it require any changes in how your TiVo is connected to your TV,

·
Advanced TiVoOligan
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The cable is so I have internet and WiFi!
Also, for some reason thought TVs needed it for Roku. I am hearing clearly from you, that I do not. Thanks.
I will consider an antenna at some time in the future and will contact you with questions! <g>
Thanks

1 - 3 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.