TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
TDL shepherd
17,538 Posts
Roamio Pro ... When I tried to downgrade to the older UI, using the two thumbs down, two rewinds and select, nothing happens.
2.) Press Thumbs Down 2 times (NOT 3!), now press Rewind 2 times, Now press Select (not Enter)
Some have been confused in the past, so maybe also review the common naming for the remote control buttons to make sure you're pressing the correct buttons, especially for Rewind (<<) and Select/OK. (There shouldn't be confusion over Thumbs Down.)

·
TDL shepherd
17,538 Posts
Numerous tries, still nothing. Set remote to IR. Two thumbs down. Two rewind (double arrow left) and select. Get a "thong sound".. I did notice the first time I entered rewind, no sound. Second push a tone sound.
Per the document posted by @JoeKustra, have you tried power-cycling the box? (Maybe even try TiVo Support's go-to sequence... 2 service connections, then power-off ... wait ... and power back on.) And then give the downgrade sequence another try.

·
TDL shepherd
17,538 Posts
After forcing the TiVo Service Connection and restarting a couple of times, my Mini's are still on the old version of the UI. If you know how to force the upgrade to Hydra then please post instructions. In the mean time I'm calling TiVo Support.
Maybe try going to the host DVR configuration page and re-selecting your Hydra DVR?

·
TDL shepherd
17,538 Posts
Today I tried to upgrade my Bolt Vox to TE 4 (which came with TE4 which I downgraded to TE3). When I attempted upgrade to TE for through "Get New Experience" app, I was warned that I would not be able to roll back to TE3 under any circumstances. So it looks like Tivo has begun closing the door on rollbacks somewhat. I decided not to upgrade at this time.
A pic of that warning dialog would be most welcome.

·
TDL shepherd
17,538 Posts

·
TDL shepherd
17,538 Posts
So I've been using TE4 for 3 months and just can't deal with it any more. I have the first Gen Bolt and am going to downgrade to TE3.
Sucessfully downgraded my Bolt on the first try. I put my remote in IR mode before I tried. It took about 30 minutes. I'm so happy!
Oof. I hope v5 wouldn't have addressed the TE4 drawbacks that compelled the rollback.

·
TDL shepherd
17,538 Posts
It seems if rewind twice does not work try left arrow twice. Per another post that left arrow worked but rewind did not. I used rewind on my Bolt Vox and it worked.
If referring to this post, the user was confused as to the correct names for the remote buttons, and so wasn't actually pressing the 'Rewind' (◁◁) button on their initial unsuccessful attempts to roll back. Once they actually used 'Rewind', erroneously referred to as "left arrow," the rollback process worked.

The Button-by-Button Guide to Your TiVo VOX Remote - TiVo Blog

edit: Of course, this document isn't without issues, even in regards to button names. Though the TiVo UI still universally refers to Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down, this post labels the buttons "Like" and "Dislike" ... which, I imagine, might be especially irritating to fans of the old TiVo Suggestions system who are now living with TE4.

·
TDL shepherd
17,538 Posts
One mistake I was making the other day was pressing the "replay" button rather than the "rewind" button. And with Bolt you don't need to press Select (or OK). It's: thumbs down, thumbs down, left arrow, left arrow
That's the mistake I was making --- Left Arrow IS Rewind.
No, it's not.

As the TiVo blog document and yesterday's posts* detailed, the 'Left Arrow' button is NOT 'Rewind'; that is the name for an entirely different button on the remote.

The OP of this thread states the correct button sequence for rollback, provided people aren't picking and choosing their own names for all the remote buttons.

*:
Fast Forward (▷▷)
Rewind (◁◁)
Replay (⟲)
Advance (→|)

Arrows surrounding OK/Select are the Left, Right, Up & Down navigation arrows.

It's not really a "different strokes" thing since TiVo has included a detailed remote button mapping/glossary in every user guide.

·
TDL shepherd
17,538 Posts
Did you see the part where someone used left arrow twice instead of rewind twice. Maybe try that.
That person was confused as to the remote button names. When they got it to work they said that they had used the left arrow ... but had actually pressed the Rewind button. Earlier, they had been pressing the Replay button (8-sec back) rather than the Rewind button.

Every version of the TiVo Viewer's Guide includes a remote graphic detailing the button names.

·
TDL shepherd
17,538 Posts
Understand that but if the mini is an older mini it should be able to connect to a downgraded tivo
Indeed. And the inability to do so is the root of the referenced thread.

I've only posted the reference here as a warning/heads-up to those who may be looking to rollback a DVR to TE3, and expecting any associated A92/A93 Minis running TE4 to follow. Do with this info what ye may.

·
TDL shepherd
17,538 Posts
One other idea you may want to try to try and get your mini to connect to one of your dvrs running the classic platform and then allow the downgrade,is to unplug the bolt you referenced from the electrical outlet first, then try and see if the mini will then allow you to downgrade it and connect it to the tivo you want, I think their is a conflict where the mini keeps trying to connect to the bolt you referenced running hydra because that is what it has been connected too, downgrade,

that is causing a conflict, then go through the downgrade procedure for minis, and once you have sucessfully connected it to the tivo you want, then plug the bolt running hydra back in,

but by temporarily taking that particular dvr out of the equation then at least you can work on getting the mini to connect to the tivo you want to without the tivo running hydra causing a conflict, and thats why I think you are getting the cannot be downgraded error,

because if that particular bolt came preloaded with hydra from the factory then that bolt can not be downgraded, and if the mini is still connecting to that bolts software that is what is most likely causing the issue you are experiencing, again I have not used my mini since 2014, but if I remember correctly minis do not actaully have any physical software in them, it is all based on a network connection to a host tivo dvr.

I hope this step I outlined helps you resolve the trouble you are experiencing, so you can get the mini to once again work the way you want it too.
I appreciate the help, truly, but I'm not in need of any. I don't have any devices currently suffering from the problem.

go through the downgrade procedure for minis, and once you have sucessfully connected it to the tivo you want,
But I don't think you understand the problem described in the referenced thread. The Minis are unable to downgrade.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.