TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 19 of 43 Posts

·
TDL shepherd
17,448 Posts
Any similar process for BOLTs?
My guess is it would be similar, if you have a Bolt you could try to start the reset using codes above and see if it gets it going (there are prompts before it's erased so you can back out).
It's the same for Roamio and BOLT.
Indeed. The above "Roamio" steps worked to initiate the downgrade process on my BOLT, displaying the attached warning dialog as confirmation:

Font Display device Multimedia Electronic device Software

I apparently failed to follow the precise button sequence on my first try, prompting my original post. Thanks all.

p.s. At least for the present I'm sticking with Hydra (until I get my OnePasses backed-up), so I can't say whether selecting the downgrade option required any additional confirmations.

·
TDL shepherd
17,448 Posts
I just got a renewed Roamio OTA which ...ended up on ?Hydra rc11. I tried to do the downgrade as described upthread and other places but it gets stuck in a "Downgrade Error". And pressing "Try Again" about 50 Times doesn't help.
You may have better luck by switching your remote to IR mode before initiating the downgrade button sequence.

See this post: How to Rollback Hydra from Roamio and Mini's v1

·
TDL shepherd
17,448 Posts
I did press select.
Ok, good to confirm -- as it wasn't mentioned in the previous post.

And just to confirm further, as others have been mistaken on the same point... you were pressing the "THUMBS Down" and Rewind ("<<") buttons, rather than just DOWN and/or Instant Replay; and the Select button (in the middle of the navigation arrows), rather than 'Enter'.

·
TDL shepherd
17,448 Posts
After just upgrading my BOLT to gen4/Hydra, I tried the rollback procedure from the OP, and it worked fine, with a couple caveats.

1.) Go into Menu- Help- Reset to Defaults- Repeat Guided Setup- Select
2.) Press Thumbs Down 2 times (NOT 3!), now press Rewind 2 times, Now press Select (not Enter)
3.) Roamio will immediately go to that right arrow screen, then screen blank, then you'll get a message letting you know that the rollback process has begun

Re: 2) I did not have to press Select; the "right arrow" screen and then upgrade confirmation dialog appeared after the second press of the Rewind ("<<") button.

Re: 3) The rollback doesn't immediately begin; a confirmation dialog appears to confirm the upgrade or allow the user to back out of the process.

And my VOX Remote was in RF mode. YMMV.

·
TDL shepherd
17,448 Posts
Roamio - the first time I did upgrade on purpose with the "new experience" prompt - but I hated Hydra and found this thread and downgraded successfully even though I knew I would lose all my recordings. That was last week. I absolutely DID NOT ask to upgrade again (no one in the house but me) and yet this morning it's upgraded to what looks like a slightly newer version of Hydra 21.8.1.RC6-848-6-848 without my OK. I guess I can downgrade again but I am nervous about what will happen next and losing all my recordings again and how to stop this. Is Rovi trying to kill off their loyal old Tivo customer base (I've been with them since series 1 in 1999)?
Yikes, @TiVo_Ted may want to take note of this if there's a glitch in the targeting for the new Hydra update that just started rolling out. It sounds like your box was somehow erroneously included in the initial "random 5000" boxes, perhaps a list that was compiled prior to your rolling back. Regardless, a major goof/bug on the part of the update process.

·
TDL shepherd
17,448 Posts
Help! I tried Hydra and hated it so I followed this thread to downgrade successfully last week - just got my Tivo working again and recording shows again after losing everything in the downgrade. Now this morning, the Tivo has re-upgraded me to Hydra again without my permission! What can I do now?
Roamio - the first time I did upgrade on purpose with the "new experience" prompt - but I hated Hydra and found this thread and downgraded successfully even though I knew I would lose all my recordings. That was last week. I absolutely DID NOT ask to upgrade again (no one in the house but me) and yet this morning it's upgraded to what looks like a slightly newer version of Hydra 21.8.1.RC6-848-6-848 without my OK. I guess I can downgrade again but I am nervous about what will happen next and losing all my recordings again and how to stop this. Is Rovi trying to kill off their loyal old Tivo customer base (I've been with them since series 1 in 1999)?
FYI... As suspected:
I looked into the reason why someone might have gotten the update after downgrading. Because this was a test that included an email and on-screen message, we had to pull the random list of names early. That list was created on April 12th. The emails and on-screen message went out just after the update started on Tuesday the 24th. Anyone who downgraded between those dates probably got accidentally put into the new upgrade group. I'm sorry we missed this scenario, and hopefully not too many people got caught in the middle.

·
TDL shepherd
17,448 Posts
Just to be sure, rewind is the button above the "A".
That's the 'Replay' button.

Rewind is the double-left arrow button (<<) to the left of the big yellow 'Pause' button (||). Above the 'A' button, but not immediately above.

@CaseyK24, you may also want to try initiating the downgrade process with the remote in IR mode. (edit: see this post for an example)

·
TDL shepherd
17,448 Posts
Ok after trying to figure out what step I was doing wrong I called Tivo to ask what they say the procedure is. Turns out the issue isn't the procedure. Seems the issue is on the Tivo software side and its a known issue that popped up and they are looking into it. I wonder if any Bolt downgrade has worked in the last day or two.
Quite possibly not, as I'll be directing a couple other threads with unhappy Hydra Mini users to your post. (i.e. Minis running Hydra that refuse to downgrade to the OS being run on their host DVR.)

Thanks for the feedback. Glad TiVo could at least explain the cause.

·
TDL shepherd
17,448 Posts
Hi everyone. I just purchased a new Roamio Pro. Guided setup forced the new Hydra on it. When I tried to downgrade to the older UI, using the two thumbs down, two rewinds and select, nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong or is it not working?? Thanks for any help.
Try putting your remote control into IR mode before attempting the downgrade button sequence.

IR mode: press & hold TiVo+C
RF mode: press & hold TiVo+D

1 - 19 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.