TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes, this is the downgrade process I had asked a couple of people to try before posting. I guess the testing is done! I really really really hope people understand that by doing this you will lose everything on your box - recordings, OnePasses, preferences. Everything! For those of you that still choose to roll back, I sincerely hope we'll get you back. We are listening to your feedback and working on how to bring back some of the functionality you feel is missing in gen4.
Thanks Ted! I really appreciate your being active on TCF! Hopefully you will continue even after getting past the Hydra growing pangs.

Can you please tell us why, technically, the recordings have to be lost when reverting to Gen3?

And please tell us why, technically, transfers from a computer to TiVo can't be restored. I really do want to try Hydra, but can't without the computer to TiVo transfer ability.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Isn't PyTivo supposed to be able to transfer pc to tivo using Gen3? How do you do that? Since I cannot transfer some old recordings to my XL4, but they do download via KMTTG, can't I then shoot them up to my XL4 from my PC? I looked to see if this could be done with KMTTG, but was told it does not have that function. No wonder I couldn't find it...LOL
kmttg can copy recordings from a Gen3 TiVo to a computer, but not from a computer to TiVo (I don't know why). BUT, pyTiVo, or pyTivo Desktop, can copy in both directions. Lots of info about pyTivo Desktop HERE.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.