TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
Were you able to restore your passes?
Yes I added back all my one passes, thumb ratings, and custom channel list via kmttg. I only had two recordings on it before the reset and had backed them up too but I got an error transferring them back from pyTivo and will just watch them on demand.

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
This may sound strange, but during guided setup, did it remember the name of your Roamio? I have run GS and replaced the hard drive on a Roamio and it still knows my box's name. Not a 100% wipe.
Good question and I set it up so long ago I don't remember if LROOM was a default choice or if I made it up. But it was there during setup and I guessed that's because of connecting the box with the TSN online.

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
Followed the following
For the Roamio:
1.) Go into Menu- Help- Reset to Defaults- Repeat Guided Setup- Select
2.) Press Thumbs Down 2 times (NOT 3!), now press Rewind 2 times, Now press Select (not Enter)
3.) Roamio will immediately go to that right arrow screen, then screen blank, then you'll get a message letting you know that the rollback process has begun

Saw the message about the rollback process, after everything was complete I still have Hydra....
Wow, I would send a message to TiVo Ted and let him know.

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
Isn't PyTivo supposed to be able to transfer pc to tivo using Gen3? How do you do that? Since I cannot transfer some old recordings to my XL4, but they do download via KMTTG, can't I then shoot them up to my XL4 from my PC? I looked to see if this could be done with KMTTG, but was told it does not have that function. No wonder I couldn't find it...LOL

Thanks
Yes pyTivo allows you to send shows from your PC to your TiVo on gen3 so I think what you suggest would work.

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
You would think, right? LOL. Well I found out how to transfer from pc to tivo using pytivo when someone said it had to be done from the tivo itself. So I see the folders from my pc and I transferred a recording that I know transferred ok from RP to XL4 and it worked fine, but when I tried one that transfers screwed up AND IT TOO transferred a bad one with the name and info of the first entry! Son of a B. I give up...LOL
Yes, you need to "pull" the file from the TiVo after you start pyTivo. I had a similar problem with a couple of recordings that wouldn't transfer and just will watch them on demand instead.

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
But I pulled the files from the tivo with kmttg and they are fine on the pc, which is the one I used. You think I need to pull it with Pytivo? what would be the diff?
From trying to research the problem I had it seems pyTivo didn't like the copies I made from kmttg and wouldn't complete the transfer. For two recordings I didn't think it was worth my time to investigate further. Sorry I can't be of more help.

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
Indeed. The above "Roamio" steps worked to initiate the downgrade process on my BOLT, displaying the attached warning dialog as confirmation:

I apparently failed to follow the precise button sequence on my first try, prompting my original post. Thanks all.

p.s. At least for the present I'm sticking with Hydra (until I get my OnePasses backed-up), so I can't say whether selecting the downgrade option required any additional confirmations.
There may have been one final confirmation after that selection but can't recall, you're teetering on the edge!

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
I am so screwed. I want to roll back my roamio but I want to keep all my recordings, onepasses, thumb ratings etc. I don't want to spend days researching pytivo and kmttg and more days transferring the recordings. I probably should have pulled my drive and cloned it before moving to hydra. My bad. So what's the best way to do this? Use kmttg to back up my onepasses and thumbs from hydra? And then pyTivo desktop to transfer recordings to pc? Then roll back, and try and transfer everything back? Or should I just wait for Tivo to realize how bad Hydra is and to make a smoother roll back process that doesn't involve a full wipe? Uhg.
How many recordings are you talking about? And how many of them are shows that are copy protected, those cannot be transferred to a PC?

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
kmttg is easy to use to copy shows over—but you could run into problems using pyTivo copying them back. I had used it successfully and I saved two episodes of Shark Tank before my Hydra upgrade. After I rolled back to gen3, my transfers from the PC back to my TiVo were unsuccessful, they stopped and threw an “expected file size error”. Searching for that here on TCF seemed to indicate a problem with the initial save to PC...so you can’t tell if it won’t work until you copy them all over and erase the TiVo and then you can’t go back and copy them again.

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
I have a Bolt Vox from June 2018 that I want to downgrade to TE3. I haven't been able to get the downgrade option to come up. The reset option comes up when pressing the button combo. I've read through this thread and others a few times. I don't see the reason explained why the remote should be used in IR mode. I did switch it to IR mode and still can't get the option to come up. I've cleared and deleted everything, restarted, reset to defaults and no joy. I can't seem to find the remote for my older Tivo HD series 3.
I bought a Bolt I ended up returning but couldn't downgrade it until-I connected it via Ethernet, it would not work via MoCA.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.