TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I Am Sometimes Vocal
980 Posts
For those of you that still choose to roll back, I sincerely hope we'll get you back. We are listening to your feedback and working on how to bring back some of the functionality you feel is missing in gen4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So it can't/won't ever be changed to at least keep the recordings?

Reactions: jackstoker

·
I Am Sometimes Vocal
980 Posts
it's been said from the start that to go back requires full reinstall of the previous software and wiping the drive don't think it can or will change to keep recordings
Sorry, but are you Ted? I can read and know what has been said for a long time. It is a question for him, if he chooses to answer, but I know the probable answer. I got close to 1,000 recordings on my Roamio Pro. Thanks.

I did not read that it wipes the drive first. It does? Strange.

·
I Am Sometimes Vocal
980 Posts
Yes I added back all my one passes, thumb ratings, and custom channel list via kmttg. I only had two recordings on it before the reset and had backed them up too but I got an error transferring them back from pyTivo and will just watch them on demand.
Isn't PyTivo supposed to be able to transfer pc to tivo using Gen3? How do you do that? Since I cannot transfer some old recordings to my XL4, but they do download via KMTTG, can't I then shoot them up to my XL4 from my PC? I looked to see if this could be done with KMTTG, but was told it does not have that function. No wonder I couldn't find it...LOL

Thanks

·
I Am Sometimes Vocal
980 Posts
It should be pointed out that when transferring from PC to TiVo with pyTiVo, the transfer is initiated from the TiVo.
Where are some simple instructions, please? The help thread is 71 pages and his link to his website is not very helpful. Thanks.

·
I Am Sometimes Vocal
980 Posts
kmttg can copy recordings from a Gen3 TiVo to a computer, but not from a computer to TiVo (I don't know why). BUT, pyTiVo, or pyTivo Desktop, can copy in both directions. Lots of info about pyTivo Desktop HERE.
Where are some simple instructions, please? The help thread is 71 pages and his link to his website is not very helpful. Thanks.

·
I Am Sometimes Vocal
980 Posts
Yes pyTivo allows you to send shows from your PC to your TiVo on gen3 so I think what you suggest would work.
You would think, right? LOL. Well I found out how to transfer from pc to tivo using pytivo when someone said it had to be done from the tivo itself. So I see the folders from my pc and I transferred a recording that I know transferred ok from RP to XL4 and it worked fine, but when I tried one that transfers screwed up AND IT TOO transferred a bad one with the name and info of the first entry! Son of a B. I give up...LOL

·
I Am Sometimes Vocal
980 Posts
But I pulled the files from the tivo with kmttg and they are fine on the pc, which is the one I used. You think I need to pull it with Pytivo? what would be the diff?

·
I Am Sometimes Vocal
980 Posts
From trying to research the problem I had it seems pyTivo didn't like the copies I made from kmttg and wouldn't complete the transfer. For two recordings I didn't think it was worth my time to investigate further. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Thanks for trying. Same thing happened when I pulled and pushed with pytivo. Maybe I will ask Moyekj in his thread about the info problem. Thanks again.

Sorry for the little off topic in here, everyone...

·
I Am Sometimes Vocal
980 Posts
I think it would be kind of cool to have a web gui that would let you try it out without installing it.
LOL, they can't even provide a proper rollback or not have major problems and have a new UI that who designed and tested and debuged and beta'd....and you want them to build a special website to simulate Gen4???

You don't know Tivo, Inc/Rovi/whomever Devlopment, do you? :rolleyes:o_O:D

Reactions: zalusky

·
I Am Sometimes Vocal
980 Posts
pyTiVo and pyTiVo Desktop are two-way; kmttg is one-way (TiVo-to-PC).

Best of Luck! :)
I figured it out 15 posts ago, but thanks. I use KMTTG a lot and never went from pc-tivo before. I can pull a file from the tivo and push it with pytivo to my tivos fine. I guess not on Gen4 yet, but I won't go near it for a long time to come. Oh well!

·
I Am Sometimes Vocal
980 Posts
Yeah, my Roamio Pro stays at a constant 80% full on a 3TB Drive (with movies and such). I'm not inclined to lose that content.
Mine was well over 95% for months (due to something about politics???) and I kept looking on Ebay and got a good used 2TB LS XL4 just for storage for $210. They work fine in SD mode and with Moca there is no problem watching from my Roamio Pro or Mini. The only thing is that they never put in SkipMode for Series4. I do not know why. It should be able to handle it in SD Mode, which is what it is in and usually on Standby (can still transfer and watch from it when in that mode). Now my RP is at about 83% and over 10% of that is current, deletable stuff I have not watched yet. The XL4 is at 59%. I moved a lot of older stuff over that did not have SM.

I won't upgrade until they put the Live Guide back and wait at least 2-3 Major releases.

·
I Am Sometimes Vocal
980 Posts
I just see "Ignored User" is that old troll here too?
OH, Am I the Ignored User and you are talking to me (and not only in this thread)? How childish. I do not bash people...I know better than that and not to Report rude people, although nothing would make "this old troll" happier...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::p:D

SAD...says something...oh now look what you made me do. I hardly ever lookup people.

·
I Am Sometimes Vocal
980 Posts
Series 4 should have SkipMode, (although I have seen others say they do not have it) both my XL4 and 2-Tuner Premiere both got SkipMode, call TiVo support and ask them to check for the SkipMode flag or tag.
Well sorry this got in the wrong place, and it was only a comment on the end of a post, but I will reply here and sorry if it is in the wrong thread Scott. There are many threads where posts should not be...LOL.

The only thing I have to say is that, like Scott said, you seem to be the only one who says they have it on a Premiere (EDIT..,that I have seen...). I got a used LS one a few months ago and it came wiped so it Immediately put 20.7.4 on it. I can't test it recording-wise because I just use it for storage and it is not hooked up to the cable (no M-Card). I do know that if I transfer a Skip recording from my Roamio Pro to it, it loses the Skip.

Call Tivo Support??? :rolleyes:o_O:D

Maybe Ted will see this...

·
I Am Sometimes Vocal
980 Posts
Not quite true as Kevin (kmttg) also indicated that his Premiere's had SkipMode after the update.

Scott
So you think it's worth calling support about? I don't. Maybe I will ask in an email. I think in the beginning of the move out of the country, the emails still went to CO (mostly because I got a callback once from them about the QM problem in 20.7.2). It would be nice if they add it. I am sure it could handle it running at least in SD mode! :rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.