TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
in the other Alabama
20,962 Posts
Yes it totally wipes it and sets you back to guided setup as if it were brand new.
This may sound strange, but during guided setup, did it remember the name of your Roamio? I have run GS and replaced the hard drive on a Roamio and it still knows my box's name. Not a 100% wipe.

·
in the other Alabama
20,962 Posts
Mute the TV? Maybe I am missing something though? Didn't need to do that on my brother's bolt earlier in the week so guess something has changed?
I meant the way to avoid the distraction of the error noise when hitting Left is to mute the audio. No effect on the rollback, which I did on a basic Roamio (which I had upgraded). My OTA 1TB BF box was delivered with 20.6.3 installed. It went to Hydra during initial Guided Setup.

·
in the other Alabama
20,962 Posts
Can I downgrade my Roamio Pro to Gen 3 and transfer shows from my Bolt on Hydra to the Roamio through the website and then downgrade the Bolt and transfer the shows back?
Funny trick. But you could buy a cheap Bolt+ or Roamio Pro on eBay. Put service on it for a month. Do the transfers. Cancel the service, which gets you the $15 refund, then keep the eBay TiVo for parts.

·
in the other Alabama
20,962 Posts
I have the same question...I have a Bolt and a Bolt+ both with Hydra. Need to know if I can transfer the shows from the Bolt+ to the Bolt, downgrade the Bolt+ and then transfer back. Basically, can a Gen4 unit transfer shows to a Gen3 unit (via TiVo Online). Thanks!
I believe that will work if the programs are not copy protected. I did the same with two Roamio boxes. I moved 320GB of data without any problems.

·
in the other Alabama
20,962 Posts
Long-time TiVo user. I currently have a Roamio Pro (and Mini) and just replaced an old Premiere with a white BOLT. During the Guided Setup, the BOLT upgraded to the new Hydra software which I learned would be incompatible with the Roamio Pro/Mini in terms of using it in multiple rooms. Moreover, my family does not do well with technological change so I needed to stay with the current software.
You would still be able to access the other TiVo's on your network. Your Mini would not be able to use your new Bolt as a host. When my TiVo was delivered I was expecting the software change. I don't like it, but I have other TiVo boxes. The Hydra box is just used for storage.

·
in the other Alabama
20,962 Posts
I did the same for my Bolt Vox and it didn't work. When I clicked two thumbs down and rewind twice nothing happened. Is there a different process for the Bolt? In the Reset to Defaults menu, it lists also Clear and Delete everything. Shouldn't that be selected instead of Repeat Guided Setup?
Same process for Bolt, etc. Try putting the remote into IR mode first: TiVo +"C". The LED will be red when you press a key.

·
in the other Alabama
20,962 Posts
I rolled both of my boxes back to Gen 3. I've decided I'd like to put Hydra back on my secondary box just to keep up with it's progress. I have two questions. 1) If both DVRs are on different software can I still view (not transfer) recordings that I recorded on the other box? 2. I've searched everywhere and can't figure out how to re-install hydra. The Tivo site now says I don't have any eligible boxes for "early upgrade" I don't have the upgrade "app" in the app section either. I did a clear and reset everything but it puts Gen 3 back on that box.
I took a week after I downgraded a Roamio to 20.7.4 before it reappeared on the upgrade site. Yes, you can watch content on either box. The Hydra box has your other TiVo under Devices, not My Shows.

The shortcut is in this post if you need it -> Upgrade URL to get the New TiVo Experience

·
in the other Alabama
20,962 Posts
I've been searching the threads but can't find an answer. What if per chance i wanted to "opt back in" after reverting back to the old U.I. Not that I necessarily would, but at some point i'm sure will have to.
Your TSN should reappear in the upgrade website in a few days.

·
in the other Alabama
20,962 Posts
So i had rolled back my bolt plus previously and it had not been connected for a couple of months.. I just picked up another bolt and activated it.. after a few service calls it showed up as being able to upgrade and I did.. I re connected my plus also and it did a few service calls.. however it is not showing back up to upgrade again.... am i missing something here or just need to wait longer since it is connecting again... besides a voice remote is there another way to trigger the upgrade?
I did an upgrade/downgrade also. It took a week before the box reappeared on the site.

·
in the other Alabama
20,962 Posts
As one simple observation, it takes more menu navigation (think of mouse clicks) to accomplish the same thing.
I have both, so I'm staying impartial for now.

One observation. The extra mouse clicks are because you have prior experience. If Hydra was your first, you would have little to compare with. But I ramble. Good luck.

·
in the other Alabama
20,962 Posts
I just took a Mini VOX back to TE3. I wanted to see what software it would get. It didn't take long and it received 20.7.4.RC18. All I had to do to start the rollback was assign it to a non-Hydra host. Then, to upgrade back, I assigned it to a Hydra host. Pretty quick. I could not get the VOX remote to pair in rf mode without Hydra, and even then it took a while.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.