TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I got a WD Purple (1TB) for my Roamio OTA (original 500GB); put it in and it automatically installed the new menu/guide! :( I'm wanting to rollback to the old format.
I also tried the rollback method (Help/Repeat Guided/2x thumb down/2x rewind) and it brings me back to the 'Reset to Defaults' menu.Any other ideas?
One possibility is that you might need to toggle your remote to IR mode (or use an old TiVo IR remote).
Tivo Customer Support Community
Rectangle Font Parallel Logo Number

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Did you add a vox remote or did you buy it from from someone else if so that person may have tried out hydra and hated it.

And rolled it back. Check the manufacture date on your bolt if it is white it's the same one I also have.

But I am running an 8tb on that now in addition to my bolt plus.
It is black, I purchased it directly from TiVo brand new. MFG date Jan 8, 2019

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Interesting you got lucky.

My white bolt I purchased brand new from tivo in September 2017.
9 months before hydra came out of testing.
Hydra ruined my power sata ports on that bolt now powering my 8tb with a USB power adapter. And I have a 120 m fan on top to keep hard drive cool so that tivo does not get errors in te3 when restarting.
I purchased a white refurb from TiVo that I promptly returned. It had that "well known" terrible fan noise. Most of the Bolt problems are the white ones from what I've seen. My black one is rock solid, knock on wood.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Here is the bottom line. All Roamios and Bolts (except the Bolt OTA) can run either TE3 or TE4. It has always been that way. There is only ONE model that will not run TE3 and that is the Bolt OTA model# TCD849500.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I have attached a picture below of my bolt plus.
That I rolled back and you can see the case fan and bracket on top that keeps my 3.5 drive cool.
My white bolt has the same set up that I rolled back.
Looks good! I've previously used an external case with my Bolt Vox, but I am currently using the Toshiba 2TB with a USB fan directed to the cableCARD opening.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Ok, so I tried many times using the procedures noted to roll back a Bolt VOX from T4 to T3.
It looked like it was going to work and then I just kept getting an error message suggesting it was my network?
I'm pretty sure it's fine!

And I see conflicting ideas here about the rollback ability on Bolt+/VOX ?

Am I stuck?
I can tell you this, I have a TiVo Bolt Vox 500 GB Model# TCD849500V which came with TE4 from TiVo and I easily downgraded to TE3. The only Bolt that can not be downgraded is the Over The Air Model Model# TCD849500. https://support.tivo.com/articles/FAQ/TiVo-Service-Number-and-Model-Number-Table

That said, These instructions say that you need to hit the thumbs down 2 times, but I think it was 3 times for me.

1.) Go into Menu- Help- Reset to Defaults- Repeat Guided Setup- Select
2.) Press Thumbs Down 2 times (NOT 3!), now press Rewind 2 times, Now press Select (not Enter)
3.) Roamio will immediately go to that right arrow screen, then screen blank, then you'll get a message letting you know that the rollback process has begun

And this:

Its actually (at least on the Bolt I just got) Help -> Reset To Defaults -> Restart Guided Tour
(the the rest is correct)

Otherwise, if you really want to go there, you could try a factory reset and try again once you are back up and running, but you will lose your cableCARD pairing if you do that, so forewarned!

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
And this: How to uninstall Hydra from Bolt

I just got off the phone with TiVo support, there is a hidden downgrade option in the help menus Here are the instructions they just emailed me.

"To downgrade a DVR from TiVo Experience 4 to TiVo Experience 3:
From HOME, Choose MENU > HELP > RESET TO DEFAULTS > REPEAT GUIDED SETUP
Repeat Guided Setup screen where the customer will need to enter the backdoor code.
From the Repeat Guided Setup screen, enter the following Backdoor Code:
Press Thumbs Down, Thumbs Down, Rewind, Rewind on the remote control to display the Downgrade Your TiVo Box
screen.
Tip: If the backdoor code does not initiate the Downgrade Your TiVo Box screen, [Restart or Power cycle the DVR].

2. After entering the code, the Downgrade Your TiVo Box screen appears."

I am not responsible for any loss of data. As I understand this wipes all data & recordings...

Good Luck
Shalamar

EDIT:Adding the TiVo instructions.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.