TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
TiVo_Ted should really come here, and elsewhere, to make this official (not that I don't trust everyone here)!
Yes, this is the downgrade process I had asked a couple of people to try before posting. I guess the testing is done! I really really really hope people understand that by doing this you will lose everything on your box - recordings, OnePasses, preferences. Everything! For those of you that still choose to roll back, I sincerely hope we'll get you back. We are listening to your feedback and working on how to bring back some of the functionality you feel is missing in gen4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
521 Posts
Good point. I just assumed that it would be the same, but would be nice to see it confirmed (or not).
It's the same for Roamio and BOLT. After downgrading, you can just connect to the downgraded box from a MINI and it will offer to downgrade as well. No backdoors required on MINI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
521 Posts
LOL- I made it clear to Tivo that I was going to post on this and their Tivo forums and the support tech gave the go ahead.
Yet another example of them going off script. I was waiting to post until we had a few people go through this successfully. On your instructions, there is an easier way to downgrade the MINI's. After downgrading your DVR, go to the MINI, Devices setup and reconnect your host DVR to your newly downgraded DVR. The MINI should immediately prompt you to downgrade and walk you through the process.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.