TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Sponsor
1,751 Posts
Folks,

At the suggestion of Robert S, I've looked into, and made an attempt, to incorporate dd_rescue and dd_rhelp. Not as trivial as it initially seemed, there were a bunch of libraries that appeared to be missing.

In any case, I think I've identified and located the missing libraries, and dd_* binaries and incorporated them into a test version of the CD discussed here but before I release it to the general public, those who play with these tools, please give things a test and let me know what is broken, and hopefully what needs to be done to fix it.

Thanks!

Lou

PTVupgrade LBA48 3.01 (beta) here

· Sponsor
1,751 Posts
Originally posted by PortlandPaw
That will thrill her.

Trust me, do that as a weekend favor and get her something she really wants for Christmas. Your marriage will be far more secure. Trust me.

You get more than technical assistance in the TiVo Community Forum!
Perhaps a bowling ball with your name on it? (Homer Simpson tried that and it didn't work...)

· Sponsor
1,751 Posts
Robmorrow said:
Hi,

I just had an 80 gig drive fail and replacing it with a 200 gig drive. If I want to try to rescue the data on my old drive, and copy it over, do I need to update the new drive with the new kernel for large drive support over 137 gigs, before I do the copying from the old drive?

Thanks

Rob
After... and note that it won't make a difference if you don't do an mfsadd after you've done your rescue...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.