TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you connect a Roku box to the HD TV, when the Tivo DVR (Roamio) is using the Ethernet connection? Can I split the Ethernet connection to support both the Tivo and Roku Box?

Also, I am using a Powerline connection (Ethernet) between the Modem, Router, Tivo (Roamio) and a Tivo Mini. The reason for the use of Powerline is because I have no Coax connection in the location of the Tivo Mini.

The streaming service seems to be fine on the Roamio with occasional glitches at the Mini.

I have not attempted the use of WiFi due to potential problems.

Please advise as I am at a learning stage in the Tivo world having just cut the cord from Comcast.

Regards,

mikeandsylvia

Las Cruces, NM

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dianebrat,

I appreciate your response.

I reason for not trying wifi, is because I have read that it's not a reliable signal source. Is this true?

Is it true that using Netflix etc. via the Tivo (Roamio) is also not that reliable? At times there is a tendency for buffering? Before I purchased the Tivo, I had my bluray player connected to Netflix. In that situation I never got any buffering. Can you explain the reason for this?

Regards,

mikeandsylvia

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Question: Based upon all of the complaints and negative remarks on the way in which Tivo interacts with Netflix AND HuluPlus. Why doesn't Tivo fix the bloody problem or at least admit there is a problem and inform all users about a fix or work around?

I have communicated with Tivo Support many times over the past month about similar streaming problems and every time their response refers to a Comcast network problem i.e. lack of speed or I should be using a Moca connection.

Considering the monthly service charge of $15, it's a bit of a rip off if the techs are not even attempting to eliminate the problems. I know, they always have an answer for that too: The service charge is to update the guide, be it OTA or Cable.

I don't have a problem paying the service charge on a monthly basis. However, the wiz kids @ Tivo should be working on the issues as mentioned.

Lastly, the customer base should not be forced to go and purchase a Roku box due to unreliable access to the streaming services.

Looking forward to some input on this issue.

Regards,

mikeandsylvia

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.