TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,988 Posts
My Bolt+ crashed a week ago, a little over a year old (thank goodness for extended warranty). Still have a PremiereXL, Roamio and Roamio Pro working just fine. But the most frustrating part (other than losing all my recordings on the Bolt) is the replacement came with the new UI. I hate it. Seems to take many more steps to do anything than the old UI. I called and asked them to switch me to the old UI - and it didn't work. They had to file a ticket on it. I hope to heck they figure it out soon because this new one is driving me crazy.
See link. The procedure is identical for Roamios and Bolts.

· Registered
3,988 Posts
I am looking to upgrade from a Roamio to get 4k for my upcoming new TV. This thread is scaring me. You guys that have gone back to a Roamio, does not having 4K concern you? Of course some of you may not have 4K TVs, but I assume some do? My Roamio is awesome and I don't want to regret a change.
On a side note, would a new QLED 4K TV look any better than my 6 or so year old 1080P set on my Roamio?
As Pokey says, there is no 4k cable or OTA TV yet. There is a lot of good 4k streaming, but TiVos are poor at streaming; your TV will handle streaming much better than a TiVo ever will. Another better choice is a 4k streaming box like a Roku or Apple TV.

· Registered
3,988 Posts
Don't tell that to FiOS. They have two QAM channels that periodically broadcast 4K content.
Okay then: "FIOS, you have no 4k content to speak of." Certainly not enough to justify a 4k TiVo.

Unfortunately the current trend is to over-compress existing channels, apparently to get more carriage revenue from more channels. I don't see ISPs giving up existing channels to wholeheartedly embrace 4k in the near term, much as I wish that were not true. Streaming, on the other hand, is seeing 4k growth with 8k on the horizon. (My wife's probably going to kill me when I buy an 8k Samsung next year. I'll have to get her a tennis bracelet to get out of the dog house.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.