TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· UHD Addict
23,288 Posts
I just had a Bolt failure last week. I bought it in early 2016 (Sept 2015 build date). After the house power was turned off and on, the BOLT came up with all the front LEDs blinking. I think this indicates a hard drive failure. As others noted, the unit always ran quite hot, not good for hard drives. After trying a few things, Tivo customer service replaced the unit for a fee. I didn't have an extended warranty.

Now trying to figure out how to go back to the Tivo Classic interface.
One reason why a DVR should be connected to a UPS. Personally, I have never used a TiVo without it being connected to a UPS.

· UHD Addict
23,288 Posts
One of my Bolts with a 4TB Seagate is still running. I've been using the 4TB Seagate in Bolts since October 2015.

Sent from my Galaxy S10

· UHD Addict
23,288 Posts
Replacement Bolt Vox #5 is on its way. This is simply the most unreliable piece of gear I've ever had, ANY power outage kills it even when plugged into UPS (?). My ancient Premiere XL4 just keeps on going though
Something isn't right. I've used seven or eight Bolts since October 2015. I've used them in multiple locations, on multiple APC UPSs. I have never had any of the Bolts go down during a power outage while the APC UPSs were supplying power.

Are these all Bolts from 2018 or later? Maybe something changed with the later Bolts? All the Bolts I used were manufactured between 2015 and 2017.

· UHD Addict
23,288 Posts
As Pokey says, there is no 4k cable or OTA TV yet. There is a lot of good 4k streaming, but TiVos are poor at streaming; your TV will handle streaming much better than a TiVo ever will. Another better choice is a 4k streaming box like a Roku or Apple TV.
Don't tell that to FiOS. They have two QAM channels that periodically broadcast 4K content.

Reactions: compuguy and Sonyad
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.