TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
940 Posts
the nf-f12 5v fan recommended, I don't think anyone here has posted 1st hand experience with. I see it can be had for $20 at Amazon.
I just received my Xfinity S4 140 mm quiet rated fan from Amazon for $15. It moves enough air for me and is also quieter then Tivos internal fan by a long shot

· Registered
940 Posts
My Bolt+ crashed a week ago, a little over a year old (thank goodness for extended warranty). Still have a PremiereXL, Roamio and Roamio Pro working just fine. But the most frustrating part (other than losing all my recordings on the Bolt) is the replacement came with the new UI. I hate it. Seems to take many more steps to do anything than the old UI. I called and asked them to switch me to the old UI - and it didn't work. They had to file a ticket on it. I hope to heck they figure it out soon because this new one is driving me crazy.
Were you doing anything to cool your Bolt that failed? Were you using power saver feature?

· Registered
940 Posts
$300 for three terabit weaknees kit seems very expensive when you can buy a 3 tb Toshiba for less than $150 or 2 tb WD blue for $75. Check bolt hard drive upgrade thread here for links to these prices if interested.

· Registered
940 Posts
Has anybody ever suggested turning the Bolt/Turd upside down so the fan would blow up and the heat would rise more easily out of the machine?
Interesting suggestion. That might be better than not doing anything at all if the orientations isn't bad for the hard drive that is. I'd be curious to see if people post their ODT results from this. Its So easy to put a large fan underneath tivo though, that's what everyone should be doing though honestly

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.