TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
San Diego
45 Posts
I've read plenty of horror stories regarding them in other threads. I have a TiVo HD if it matters.
I had the Cox San Diego service guy out to install two new CableCards in my Premiere and a new (to me) HD. I told him I had TA's from Cox but he said they were having channel jumbling problems and he would not connect them until I needed them (when we lose channels per their letter a month ago).

(I have four new Cisco STA1520 boxes I got for nothing from Cox --so far)

·
Registered
598 Posts
I have a TA here for Cox in Phoenix. Have had it since the day it was offered. It has been working well except that it rarely will lose all channels and requires a reboot.

This has only happened about 5 times since I've had it. I think it's been over 2 years now.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I'm using Cox in Phoenix and have a TA. The first one I got didn't work at all, the Tivo didn't even recognize that it was plugged in. The second one I got works well most of the time. Every 6-8 weeks it will lose channels and I will have to reboot it.
It also wouldn't let me tune to Fox Arizona Plus when it was airing the Diamonds opening spring training game. Will have to try it again the next time there's something on that channel.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.