TiVo Community Forum banner

How much are you paying for each of your CableCARDS?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious what each of you are paying for your CableCARDS. Brighthouse in Tampa is charging $3.95 per card. This seems like a lot considering a dual-tuner HD box is $6.95.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Most Comcast customers are getting the first card free, and are paying $1.50 to $2.75 for the second. How do you expect them to cast their vote here? Average cost?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Comcast in Boca, FL was ripping me off for $17.90 for 2 cards, up from $5.50 when they took over from Adelphia. I returned the Series 3 and took their SA8300 HD for $11.95. But that's their marketing plan, isn't it?

·
UHD Addict
23,980 Posts
Comcast is giving me my 6 cablecards free. I don't know if they are supposed to or not but I have no charge for them on my bill. And the bill has been consistent for several months now. That's why I'm not trying to get CC for my TiVoHD. I don't want to muck up my billing.

·
Science, *****es
175 Posts
Mediacom in Springfield, MO: $1.99 for each card.

·
Registered
12,351 Posts
Make sure to report full cost of each cablecard including "additional outlet" charges. For me it breaks down per cablecard as:
$1.99 for CC rental + $1.49 for "additional outlet" charge.
The "additional outlet" charge applies to 3 out 4 cablecards.

·
Tivonation Citizen
1,223 Posts
San Jose CA Comcast, $1.79 for dual cable card charge,$7 for HDTV service, total $8.79 for 2 cards.

·
1,107 Posts
yunlin12 said:
San Jose CA Comcast, $1.79 for dual cable card charge,$7 for HDTV service, total $8.79 for 2 cards.
I am in the next town over (Milpitas), and I got them to drop the $7 charge, which is listed in the price list they sent me as an equipment charge for their HD set-top box (which I don't have), not a charge for HD programming.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have one M-Card and it's free. I believe if I had another Tivo HD and another M-Card on my other TV it would be $1.50.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
oldnacl said:
Comcast in Boca, FL was ripping me off for $17.90 for 2 cards, up from $5.50 when they took over from Adelphia. I returned the Series 3 and took their SA8300 HD for $11.95. But that's their marketing plan, isn't it?
From Comcast web site concerning Tivo:

Comcast's pricing policy provides your first CableCARD for free. This applies to TVs and the TiVo Series 3 HD set-top box. Any additional CableCARDs that are required on the same outlet will be subject to a nominal charge. No additional cards are required for the TV so there is not a charge.
http://www.comcast.com/customers/faq/FaqDetails.ashx?ID=4156

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
windracer said:
Brighthouse Networks in St. Pete, FL: $3.95/card plus $0.95 additional outlet fee.

They used to be $2.95 but they raised it a dollar back in January. :mad:
I'm not being charged the 0.95 additional outlet fee at Brighthouse Networks in Tampa.

Digital Combo Monthly Savings Of Over $11 On Cable And HSD! An Annual Savings Over $137! Digital Cable, Digital Music, On-Screen Guide, Access To On Demand Services And 10mbps Road Runner. 78.00
CableCARD 3.95
CableCARD 3.95

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the responses. Clearly Comcast is the provider with the most reasonable expenses for CableCARDS. My guess is that they are cooperating due to their positive relationship with TiVo.

·
Registered
168 Posts
jrm01 said:
Unfortunately, quoting the web information cuts nothing at the local office. They charge whatever suits them at the moment.
I fought for over this for more than a month and finally gave up.

(This is right off the bill)
CableCard HD 1 Way 2.00
CableCard HD 1 Way 2.00
HD TV Service 13.90
Total Comcast Cable Television $17.90

This is on top of a digital package for which I pay $19.95 additional.
I had no Comcast eqipment other than the two CCs in the TiVo.

Now I have their SA8300HD recorder for $11.95 monthly. They do not charge the HD TV Service 13.90
any more. I get the same channels.
The ba$t[email protected]

1 - 20 of 34 Posts