TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well i Zippered two sd-dvr40's. one has the stock drive and the other i had expanded to 60 gig. (I can't imagin 600+ hrs of programming) Anyways, no the zipper basically prepares the drive for "enhancements" (from what I can tell) It will copy a hacked kernal (not provided) and sets up networking. Using it in conjunction with the rbautch's enhancement script you can get the hacks done, enable hmo in less than an hour (most spent actually moving the drives around) and preserve recording. I use only D-Link for my network which includes two DUB-E100 USB 2.0 to Ethernet. Oh, the enhancement script will put USB 2.0 drivers on it for you!!! YAY!!! Give it a shot, quick and very simple.

ddrumer

·
Registered
106 Posts
Please forgive me b/c i can't remember where, but i read somewhere that the diagnostic programs for hdd's can't always detect the problems with the drive units. Oh i do remeber, its in Hinsdale How-to TiVo Upgrade. read the aquiring a drive section, its not in depth but, its info.

ddrumer

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.