TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
10,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried renting a movie using Unbox. Well, I tried to try it, anyway. The movie (1 hr. 44 min. long) took more than 10 hours to make its way onto my TiVo. (Not sure how long in all, as I ended up going to bed without watching the movie.)

My connection isn't the quickest, I know, but I do have broadband internet. I was hoping the movies would only take a couple hours at the most, so you could order a movie in the early afternoon and watch it that night. Obviously with a 10+ hour DL time that's not possible. Is it normal for it to take so long? How can I speed it up?

· Registered
10,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TiVoStephen said:
Ruth, you using wired or wireless? If wireless, what's the connection quality percent?

The vast majority of our customers are able to make downloads in about real time +/- 10%.
I am on a wireless connection using the TiVo wireless adapter. While it seems to fluctuate quite a bit, the TiVo generally reports signal strength as "excellent," with a percentage typically between 85-94%. Unfortunately with the layout of my house, moving to a wired setup is not an option.

Interesting that the first DL may be significantly slower than subsequent ones. I'll try another soon and see if there is a big improvement.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.