TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
4,176 Posts
Ruth said:
I tried renting a movie using Unbox. Well, I tried to try it, anyway. The movie (1 hr. 44 min. long) took more than 10 hours to make its way onto my TiVo. (Not sure how long in all, as I ended up going to bed without watching the movie.)

My connection isn't the quickest, I know, but I do have broadband internet. I was hoping the movies would only take a couple hours at the most, so you could order a movie in the early afternoon and watch it that night. Obviously with a 10+ hour DL time that's not possible. Is it normal for it to take so long? How can I speed it up?
Unbox on TiVo videos are encoded at 2800kbps for a point of reference. The FAQ mentions that a first time download may take somewhat longer than normal. My experience with a 6mbps connection was a bit faster than realtime (ie. >2800kbps)

· Banned
4,176 Posts
TiVoStephen said:
Not quite sure which FAQ HDTiVo refers to (and maybe there's something I'm overlooking), but the overall speed of the first vs. second download should not be very different.
Item #4 of the Amazon Unbox FAQ accessible via the HME interface.

Forget the details, just tell us when we can rent some hi-def DVD quality movies for $.99...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.