TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Hardcore TiVo Geek
2,853 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if TiVo doesn't offer any discounts on the box until next year. $300 is pretty cheap to start with, and I think they've really cut their margin down to little if anything.

I haven't seen any real competition pending. The only new standalone HD DVRs I've seen coming at the Digeo Moxi boxes - and the figures seen so far would make it more expensive than an S3. It remains to be seen if Digeo can provide any real competition.

There will probably be discounts from online resellers, as there usually are, selling closer to wholesale than brick & mortar stores.

· Hardcore TiVo Geek
2,853 Posts
HDTiVo said:
How much is Moxi "service?" How many years is the commitment?
They haven't announced any details yet. It may be all up-front - but they were talking about ~$1000 price points at CES 2007. It remains to be seen what they actually price things at, and how they handle the features. They were also planning to charge for various features a la carte. So you'd buy the box, but might have to pay more to enable different things - like the old HMO system.

With the TiVo HD at $300, they will need much lower pricing. Even with TiVo's service.

· Hardcore TiVo Geek
2,853 Posts
HDTiVo said:
Funny I just looked back at Zatz 7/3/07 and then the NYT just put out a piece saying...
Context. ;-) You asked about *pricing*, I said there were no details yet - on pricing.

There are many details on the boxes. I've posted about them many times on TiVoLovers.com too - I reported on them from CES in January, and I've picked up more news since then, including what Zatz posted.

There are details out there about the boxes, but they haven't said a lot about pricing, service, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.