TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Ted is a D-bag. All of the other characters are likeable and funny, Ted's pretentious, snobby, and not all that funny. The Zoey relationship shows he is kind of desperate to find a wife. I said in an earlier thread that Zoey was a stepping stone for Ted to become a respectable. Hopefully next season he's likeable.

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
This episode just seemed like a competition between who was the bigger d-bag, Ted or Zoey. Apparently the real losers are the audience and the rest of their friends, because they both are mega d-bags!

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
61,772 Posts
I may have imagined this, but at the beginning did Ted say "I love you, too", when Zoey hadn't said anything about love?
I noticed that too. Not sure it was intentional, since they never made an issue of it.

I'm just glad the Zoey stuff is over. I thought this was a pretty good season other than her.

·
Grumpy Poster
56,651 Posts
The season finale, where major events are supposedly occuring, had better hit a grand slam. Otherwise I'm done with this series. Ted is such a d-bag that I'm pitying the poor woman who becomes the mother.

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
61,772 Posts
I'm hoping that the two-year renewal they just got will allow them to map out the story over the course of 44 episodes and wrap it up. I'm still watching because I enjoy the characters (except Ted) and it makes me laugh more often than not. But the mother stuff and the d-bag Ted stuff have long since lost my interest.

·
Nerd Fashionista
5,956 Posts
This episode just seemed like a competition between who was the bigger d-bag, Ted or Zoey. Apparently the real losers are the audience and the rest of their friends, because they both are mega d-bags!
But this show is losing me quickly. I struggled to make it through this episode, and the last few.
Word to both these posts. I remember when I looked forward to this show more than any other comedy on. The decline is pathetic. :down:

·
Happily Vaccinated!
62,830 Posts
I'm definitely getting bored with this show. It seems the same thing over and over and nobody has really moved forward anywhere in years. I think the best episodes of the season was Barney meeting his biological dad. But then that got kind of stupid when Barney wanted him to party, and I was hoping that Barney would grow a bit. But no, still the same Barney. All the characters have gotten very stale. Ted is now a characature of earlier Ted, as they have completely played up his d-baggyness to the point where he's unlikable (which the Bob Saget version of Ted, really doesn't seem to be the same person). They have no clue what to do with Robin anymore. She seems to be there just to have a snarky comment or two a week. And Marshall and Lily have really just become typical tv married couple. I think, as much as it pains me to say it, they need to throw in the baby angle for them now to spice things up.

I still think it's funny most of the time, but the characters are just kind of boring now.

·
Registered
15,708 Posts
They are all characatures of their former selves. I still enjoy and watch the show but it definitely has lost the feeling that made me fall in love with it when I first started watching the Season 1 DVDs. Season 1 I put on the same level as some of my favorite romantic comedy movies. Now it has become a standard sitcom with goofy characters.

·
Registered
38 Posts
FYI, it is caricatures not characatures. I would have let it slide until a second person posted it spelt this way. xoxo :p

I still like the show, but they do need to evolve the characters.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
62,830 Posts
FYI, it is caricatures not characatures. I would have let it slide until a second person posted it spelt this way. xoxo :p

I still like the show, but they do need to evolve the characters.
My spell checker couldn't find the the right spelling so I left it :) I figured if you all knew what I meant, it's good :) There's a reason I never won a spelling bee!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.