TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I want to do is reactivate my TIVO. It can't be done!

I went to the website and logged in. I went to devices and clicked inactive ones. And, of course, there is my Bolt listed. I clicked "Activate". I very dutifully filled out my credit card infor aand clicked on "Finish Activation" and I get the error message, "We were not able to authorize your credit card: Gateway Rejected: avs ". I have no idea what this means. But I tried 3 different credit cards (2 Mastercards and American Express) and two different browsers. There is no reason they shouldn't go through.

So I go to the Chat Support and go through the stupid automated automated responses until the damn thing takes me back to the place to activate my DVR!

So I call, or try, the phone support. What do I get? I don't even get support? What do I get?:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A phone solicitation to for the damn alert system if you fall down!

How does this company stay in business when it tryies to drive away customers?!?!?!?

I'm so pissed I'm about ready to tape my cut cord back together!

Sheez

·
Dumb Blond
47,553 Posts
It's a problem between TiVo and their credit card processor - nothing you can do about it. Chat systems usually have a way of connecting you with an agent. I wonder if you misdialed the phone number. (I'm not a TiVo customer anymore so I have no experience with their current support.)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I used TiVo phone support this morning to get a Premiere with Lifetime Service transferred to my account. After I traversed a short phone tree, it predicted a 2 minute wait for an agent, and I think that is about what it took.. She was very helpful and took care of my transfer. I would recommend trying phone support for a payment problem.

·
TiVoholic by the bay
14,635 Posts
Are you sure you called this number, and not some other number with 800, 888, etc.?

Customer Support
Weekdays – 8am to 5pm PT
Weekends – Closed
US Flag Logo
877-367-8486

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sure I was dialing the right number because I went to the previously dial number and tried again. To be fair, this time it went through and I got an agent that was helpful. Problem resolved. But they don't make it easy.

·
wait.. I did what?
15,125 Posts
How Does This Company Stay in Business
They really don't try, they're only in the DVR business by default and putting as little effort as possible, their other IP and assets are their value.

Reactions: cwerdna
1 - 7 of 7 Posts