TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
FourNow...WaitFive
5,438 Posts
See the "upgrade forum" here.

And google "hinsdale HOWTO". It used to be a stick near the top of that forum, but he's not an advertiser here so it was yanked.

·
FourNow...WaitFive
5,438 Posts
SteelersFan said:
They are a bit expensive for a preformatted HD, but their interactive instructions for formatting a HD yourself are pretty easy, IMO.
Yeah, probably they're good. But I had it down pat via Hinsdale's HOWTO before they even had the web thingy.

·
FourNow...WaitFive
5,438 Posts
Mr. Soze said:
I got a bracket and fan combo from them. A bit pricey, but it was rock solid, and a piece of cake to install.
That was a niche product that it was nice someone provided. I wouldn't even call the brackets pricey--certainly cheaper than I could have milled one out myself.

But long ago (even when drives were small enough to perhaps warrant it), I decided to stick to one drive per TiVo. Since we have standalones and watch a lot of TV, we needed to resolve conflicts with multiple subscribed TiVos, so one drive per has always been plenty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.