TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Hubcaps r in fashion
7,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone's looking to sell a PIONEER DVR-810H-S, but they don't have the remote. (I didn't ask.)

How easy would it be to get one, even if I had to pay full price for a brand new one (as opposed to used)?

PS
Does the machine record in +R/RW or -R/RW?

· Remote Czar
4,277 Posts
MMG said:
The one that you reference has no DVD buttons on it. It's actually an old TiVo/DirecTV remote with the single Live TV/Guide Button on it.

The link supplied above is a little misleading. It shows the old Pioneer/DVD remote and then has a link to what they're actually selling: http://www.dvdremotecontrols.com/Mfrs/Philips/PhilipsDSS/483501557139.htm
No, that is not remote they actually selling, reread it, They're giving a link to an alternate remote, that costs alot cheaper. When the last 3 are sold, then that's when the alternate remote becomes actual remote they're selling.

· Registered Snoozer
800 Posts
Well, I don't use VCR+ codes, they seem superfluous with a TiVo, and have never missed the return button either. The Humax remote gets rid of the useless "Window" button and provides a less useless "Angle" button (admittedly not too many DVDs use the Angle feature, so that button isn't getting too much wear).

You can see a side by side comparision at weaknees.

· Remote Czar
4,277 Posts
rcobourn said:
Well, I don't use VCR+ codes, they seem superfluous with a TiVo, and have never missed the return button either. The Humax remote gets rid of the useless "Window" button and provides a less useless "Angle" button (admittedly not too many DVDs use the Angle feature, so that button isn't getting too much wear).

You can see a side by side comparision at weaknees.
Yes, I own both of them, I don't even have DVd/tivo combo. :)

· Coming and going
2,824 Posts
I use the URC 6131 as a replacement remote.. works great for $12-20 bucks.

· Registered
249 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.