TiVo Community Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Palindromer
19,734 Posts
I don't love the fact that they are time jumping so much, and that forces us to "break in" new actors... I really have to try and buy-into the fact that the new actors are, in fact, the same person from the previous episodes, and it takes me completely out of the story... Hopefully my fears are unfounded...

·
I am Groot!
58,129 Posts
I think the show For All Mankind did a really good job of ageing its characters without cast changes.
Really? I thought it was pretty bad. I mean, I can live with it, because they only have so much budget and so much time for the make-up chair. But by now they look decades younger than they should.

Not as bad as The Tudors, but in the same territory.

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
59,011 Posts
I don't love the fact that they are time jumping so much, and that forces us to "break in" new actors... I really have to try and buy-into the fact that the new actors are, in fact, the same person from the previous episodes, and it takes me completely out of the story... Hopefully my fears are unfounded...
I think the only two that are being replaced are the two that were supposed to be young teenage girls at the start of the series and will now be full-grown women in their mid-to-late 20s.

·
Impolite arrogant woman
35,678 Posts
Have we seen the new actors yet? Or are you complaining about something that's going to happen in the future?

·
Palindromer
19,734 Posts
Have we seen the new actors yet? Or are you complaining about something that's going to happen in the future?
LOL... Yes, I am complaining about my anticipated challenge accepting new actors that were played by other actors that I have completely grown accustomed to (and the historic challenge I have had with similar situations in the past)...

I guess I am logging my "pre-complaint"! Ha, ha...

I hope it won't be a problem...but I generally find these transitions distracting...

·
Well-Known Raconteur
19,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I think the only two that are being replaced are the two that were supposed to be young teenage girls at the start of the series and will now be full-grown women in their mid-to-late 20s.
There are more. The actors that play the two Velaryon kids, for example.

Only if you watch previews or teaser clips. They have not appeared in the story yet. They will first show up this coming Sunday.

·
Premium Member
5,883 Posts
The fact that Alicent seemed to be the only one to go looking for the guy who ruined the ruling monarchs' party was unbelievable.
There is literally no way Cole gets to wander off to the Gods' Wood to Hara-kiri only to be stopped by Alicent (to what end?). How in the world did the King's Guard 1) not protect the heir 2) not kick murder Ser Cole for starting a riot/brawl in the middle of the King's feast? In fact, why did a fight between Joffrey and Cole turn into a panicky riot that Breakbones was forced to go head punching his way to Rhaenyra in the first place?
How would Handicapped Guy even know about the special tea given to Rhaenyra if the Grand Maester(?) delivered it himself? Did the GM snitch?
This. And why would Alicent assume that the King wouldn't send the tea no matter what Rhaenyra said or what he even believed or hoped for?

·
Meh.
40,870 Posts
Wasn't his father the Hand by then? There could have been a Small Council meeting about it, or the kind could have confided in him.
I have a hard time believing that Viserys would have told the new Hand or the Small Council that his brother may have knocked up his daughter. Then again, it's not my story to tell.

Also, if I'm the king and my wife intentionally arrives late to my daughter's wedding announcement ball in order to show me up and wears a dress in a color that everybody seems to know means "We're going to war!" then she'd be like one of those Russians who have been falling out of windows lately before she had a chance to sit down. I'd point to my dragon and say "Any objections?" But Viserys is a chump.

·
TV MA SLV
21,584 Posts
The 22 year old playing a 12 year old is being replaced because of an ~ 10 year time jump.

Make it make sense.

And I know the new actress was cast first, but....

-smak-

·
I am Groot!
58,129 Posts
The 22 year old playing a 12 year old is being replaced because of an ~ 10 year time jump.

Make it make sense.

And I know the new actress was cast first, but....
The 22-year-old that some people were complaining looked too young...

And the character was 14 at the beginning of the show. She's now 17-18.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts