TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
58,971 Posts
I do wonder if Alicent put him up to it, maybe a blackmail scenario. Remember that her dad was disgraced by being removed as hand. Dad spoke with her, then she speaks with Ser Cole and Ser Cole gets rebuffed by Rhaenyra (which may or may not been his last ditch effort to avoid doing this). His choice going after Joffrey the lover of her betrothed could be a way to attempt to nix the wedding, perhaps outing Laenor in the process, and putting the house into termoil, in which daddy could fill the power vacuum.
I don't think that's what they were going for. I think Ser Criston was feeling incredibly guilty about violating his oath. When he confessed to the Queen, he was expecting to be tortured and asked for a swift death sentence instead. She just allowed him to leave. So now he's stewing over whether the other shoe is going to drop at some point, and he's watching the woman he loves getting married, and then suddenly the boyfriend comes over and insinuates that they're both going to be side pieces to the royal couple and they should become friends and allies. Criston is already at the end of his rope due to the guilt and uncertainty about how the Queen is going to handle his confession, and then suddenly there's this random guy openly discussing his deeply shameful secret! It's not a surprise that Criston snapped when you look at it that way (although he probably shouldn't have done it in front of everyone). But I guess that's the nature of "snapping," you don't really get to decide when and where it happens.

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
58,971 Posts
I don't love the fact that they are time jumping so much, and that forces us to "break in" new actors... I really have to try and buy-into the fact that the new actors are, in fact, the same person from the previous episodes, and it takes me completely out of the story... Hopefully my fears are unfounded...
I think the only two that are being replaced are the two that were supposed to be young teenage girls at the start of the series and will now be full-grown women in their mid-to-late 20s.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts