TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Well-Known Raconteur
17,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The director did an excellent job of foreshadowing, and building apprehension, at the feast. You knew something was going to happen, between the camera shots on Daemon, Ser Cole, Queen Alicent, Rhaenyra, Laenor, Ser Joffrey, and others.

But I didn't see that!

Very mild spoiler: If you watched the previews, you can see there is a time jump before the next episode. We now have the older actors playing the main characters.

·
UHDTV Snob
13,694 Posts
Ser Cole losing it made no sense to me. And why was Laenor's boyfriend at the wedding let alone walking in with them when they were announced?? And speaking of Ser Cole, does anyone else see the resemblance to Ser Christopher of House Saprono? :giggle:

And will we refer to this episode as the Green Wedding? ;)

·
Premium Member
11,046 Posts
I wish there was some way to brighten up the frigging scenes. It is driving me crazy. Even the daytime is somewhat dim.

·
Meh.
43,379 Posts
I thought this was a poor episode.

Daemon's wife is supposed to be an experienced horsewoman but gets thrown from her horse when Daemon looks at her funny.

Sick or not, why does King Viserys travel to his subject Corlys' castle? He's the king. His subjects travel to him. The marriage proposal negotiations could even have been done by messenger.

Things are obviously wrong with Viserys healthwise for a while but Rhaenyra has never seemed to give a crap.

The Alicent and Ser Criston Cole scene was ridiculous. She kept beating around the wrong bush but it was obvious that he was gong to confess to doing the deed with Rhynaera.

Laenor's boyfriend determining that Rhaenyra ra and Cole had done the deed just by looking at him was silly.

Cole turning the banquet into a Waffle House 2 am murderous brawl made little sense. He'd have had ample opportunity to kill Laenor's bf quietly later on. The fact that Alicent seemed to be the only one to go looking for the guy who ruined the ruling monarchs' party was unbelievable.

How would Handicapped Guy even know about the special tea given to Rhaenyra if the Grand Maester(?) delivered it himself? Did the GM snitch?

I'm guessing this episode was Alicent's heel run, to use a pro rasslin' term.

·
I am Groot!
64,402 Posts
Sick or not, why does King Viserys travel to his subject Corlys' castle? He's the king. His subjects travel to him. The marriage proposal negotiations could even have been done by messenger.
Most of your complaints are dead-on, but this one has been pretty much explained. Viserys dissed Corlys pretty badly by spurning his daughter for the help's kid. Corlys in turn joined a military alliance with Viserys's political rival and Rhaerys's rival for the throne. Now he desperately needs Corlys's cooperation to save his intended dynasty. Traveling to meet Corlys is a pretty immense show of respect, and would go a long way towards calming the troubled waters between them. Issuing a royal command for Corlys to come to him might only aggravate the situation. And a royal messenger could very well be ignored (and such messengers often bear the brunt of the recipient's displeasure in these kinds of society).

·
Meh.
43,379 Posts
Most of your complaints are dead-on, but this one has been pretty much explained. Viserys dissed Corlys pretty badly by spurning his daughter for the help's kid. Corlys in turn joined a military alliance with Viserys's political rival and Rhaerys's rival for the throne. Now he desperately needs Corlys's cooperation to save his intended dynasty. Traveling to meet Corlys is a pretty immense show of respect, and would go a long way towards calming the troubled waters between them. Issuing a royal command for Corlys to come to him might only aggravate the situation. And a royal messenger could very well be ignored (and such messengers often bear the brunt of the recipient's displeasure in these kinds of society).
OK, I'll buy that.

·
Nerd Fashionista
6,087 Posts
Ser Cole losing it made no sense to me. And why was Laenor's boyfriend at the wedding let alone walking in with them when they were announced?? And speaking of Ser Cole, does anyone else see the resemblance to Ser Christopher of House Saprono? :giggle:

And will we refer to this episode as the Green Wedding? ;)
I assume Sir Joffrey was Laenor's guard just as Sir Cole is Rhaenyra's guard.
Also, we should have seen this coming that Joffrey would die at a wedding feast. ;)

·
Meh.
43,379 Posts
Didn't Joffrey say that he could become Laenor's bodyguard like Cole was Rhaenyra's bodyguard while they were smooching in the grass? Unless that happened behind the scenes I don't think it happened by the time of the feast.

Cole asking Rhaenyra to abandon the throne with its untold riches, power and dragons to run off with him to be poor in the hinterlands was pretty dumb. I was proud of her when she basically said "Are you crazy?"

·
Nerd Fashionista
6,087 Posts
Didn't Joffrey say that he could become Laenor's bodyguard like Cole was Rhaenyra's bodyguard while they were smooching in the grass? Unless that happened behind the scenes I don't think it happened by the time of the feast.

Cole asking Rhaenyra to abandon the throne with its untold riches, power and dragons to run off with him to be poor in the hinterlands was pretty dumb. I was proud of her when she basically said "Are you crazy?"
He was used to being poor and nameless so it made total sense from his point of view. He thought she really wanted freedom but in reality she wants to be who she is with the freedom to do what she wants on a whim. Sounds like a queen to me.

·
Meh.
43,379 Posts
He was used to being poor and nameless so it made total sense from his point of view. He thought she really wanted freedom but in reality she wants to be who she is with the freedom to do what she wants on a whim. Sounds like a queen to me.
It would be like me asking Beyonce to renounce everything she has and will have and run off to a little farm in South Dakota with me. It ain't going to happen and I know it, just like Cristen Cole should have known the absurdity of it.

·
Nerd Fashionista
6,087 Posts
It would be like me asking Beyonce to renounce everything she has and will have and run off to a little farm in South Dakota with me. It ain't going to happen and I know it, just like Cristen Cole should have known the absurdity of it.
He was under the impression they were both in love. lol

·
All About Footwork
32,301 Posts
It would be like me asking Beyonce to renounce everything she has and will have and run off to a little farm in South Dakota with me.
In this hypothetical, Beyonce has "forced" you to sleep with her already, correct?

How long have you spent in your bunk with THAT? :D

I don't think it was completely absurd (definitely naive). He knew how unhappy she was and how much she did not want to oblige her dad by marrying for powers sake.
I'm now convinced that Ser Cole is Ned's great-grandfather.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts