TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried running the RCA cables from the receiver's video output to the input on the Tivo but get an error message when I try to set it up stating that the Tivo box isn't getting a video signal. The TV is still hooked up to the HD outputs which work fine so I know the receiver is working properly. Is there a programming change I need to make to the receiver so that it sends the SD signal via the RCA outputs or perhaps just try an S video cable? Thanks!

·
Registered
494 Posts
You have to make sure that you have the tivo set to accept the signal. go to Tivo central >messages&settings>settings>video>video hookup and follow the directions from there. I use my Tivo with 811 w/o any problems.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - I'll re-check. I thought that I had done that properly which made me wonder if the sat. receiver needed to be set up to output to the SD versus HD connections.

·
Registered
494 Posts
zogger said:
Thanks - I'll re-check. I thought that I had done that properly which made me wonder if the sat. receiver needed to be set up to output to the SD versus HD connections.
The 811 outputs both at the same time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts