TiVo Community Forum banner
141 - 160 of 186 Posts

· Well-Known Raconteur
18,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
The episode was so much better for me knowing who she was.
You missed a critical episode, the introduction of the half-sister. That then led to the latest episode, where the kids decide to tell the dad, which led to a typical sitcom trope where misunderstandings abound. Latest episode made no sense to you, but once you learned what you missed, it was so much better.

Maybe you should, I dunno.... WATCH THE EPISODES IN ORDER BEFORE COMING HERE TO COMPLAIN.

· Well-Known Raconteur
18,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
Better idea: Stop watching things you don’t like.

It avoids having an apparent irresistible urge to complain.
I'm going to take your advice (I know it wasn't directed at me), and make it work for me anyway...

Better idea: Stop reading people that drive you nuts.

It avoids wasting time complaining about them.

· Registered
4,321 Posts
You missed a critical episode, the introduction of the half-sister. That then led to the latest episode, where the kids decide to tell the dad, which led to a typical sitcom trope where misunderstandings abound. Latest episode made no sense to you, but once you learned what you missed, it was so much better.

Maybe you should, I dunno.... WATCH THE EPISODES IN ORDER BEFORE COMING HERE TO COMPLAIN.
When did I complain? I said I liked the episode better knowing the truth.

I just didn't say WHICH episode.

· Registered
4,321 Posts
Better idea: Stop watching things you don’t like.

It avoids having an apparent irresistible urge to complain.
But you're trying to take away my favorite thing to do online.

There wouldn't be anything left if I didn't watch shows that have problems. Although I don't have time to watch much anyway.

This show can be quite good sometimes so I can put up with the negative stuff.

· Premium Member
12,423 Posts
I'm going to take your advice (I know it wasn't directed at me), and make it work for me anyway...

Better idea: Stop reading people that drive you nuts.

It avoids wasting time complaining about them.
Unfortunately people I’ve not blocked often quote the one or two I’ve blocked.

(I’ll never understand pissing on shows other people enjoy.)

· Registered
4,321 Posts
Unfortunately people I’ve not blocked often quote the one or two I’ve blocked.

(I’ll never understand ... on shows other people enjoy.)
I didn't say anything bad about the show.

I just said I was happier watching it knowing she wasn't an evil stalker. I respect that others may have preferred what was intended, but I was skipping Halloween episodes for now.

I wasn't aware we all had to like all shows that are good.

I just heard "Blue Tango" by Leroy Anderson and "Exodus" by Ferrante & Teicher online on a radio station I liked, but I'm willing to understand if there are those who don't like them.

· Happily Vaccinated!
63,603 Posts
I'm getting bored and annoyed with this show for the same reasons that Harmony was in the last episode. The infighting between the siblings and the family is stupid, petty and just annoying at this point. That works in small doses, but it's every episode now. I also can't believe the mom accepted her husband's infidelity the way she did. Especially the way they described her as most likely NOT accepting it. But, it's whatever, I'm losing interest. My wife already has, and I'm not sure how much longer I'll watch. I know they are trying to be the new Modern Family, but it's not nearly as good.

· Well-Known Raconteur
18,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
I mostly agree. The bottle episodes, where the entire episode is the family together, with no outsiders or external venues, tend to be the worst. It's getting hard to take 19 minutes of ridiculous family infighting, and 2 minutes of making up at the end. Over and over, every episode.

It's almost over for this season. S1 had 7 eps, then S2 had a full 22. But this season (S3) is only 10 episodes (8 have aired so far). I'll certainly stick it out for two more, but the future has to be iffy. It's the lowest rated of the four ABC Wed sitcoms, even lower than that tired, washed-out Goldbergs. 2 mil, .03 demo. Not good.

· Registered
4,321 Posts
I mostly agree. The bottle episodes, where the entire episode is the family together, with no outsiders or external venues, tend to be the worst. It's getting hard to take 19 minutes of ridiculous family infighting, and 2 minutes of making up at the end. Over and over, every episode.

It's almost over for this season. S1 had 7 eps, then S2 had a full 22. But this season (S3) is only 10 episodes (8 have aired so far). I'll certainly stick it out for two more, but the future has to be iffy.
That's a shame. Just when I was starting to enjoy it.
It's the lowest rated of the four ABC Wed sitcoms, even lower than that tired, washed-out Goldbergs. 2 mil, .03 demo. Not good.
That show has gone downhill.

Murray leaving has caused a number of problems, mainly the family having to deal with it more so than the character being missing.

Pop-Pop sort of makes us for his absence.

And a baby, of course, is an unnecessary gimmick. There was no real Erica, so unless Eric got married and had a baby with his wife, there's no purpose.

· Give 'em Hell, Devils
59,078 Posts
I'm getting bored and annoyed with this show for the same reasons that Harmony was in the last episode. The infighting between the siblings and the family is stupid, petty and just annoying at this point. That works in small doses, but it's every episode now. I also can't believe the mom accepted her husband's infidelity the way she did. Especially the way they described her as most likely NOT accepting it. But, it's whatever, I'm losing interest. My wife already has, and I'm not sure how much longer I'll watch. I know they are trying to be the new Modern Family, but it's not nearly as good.
The mom already knew about the infidelity. She just didn't know it produced a daughter. So while finding out your husband has a previously-unknown adult daughter would be shocking, it wouldn't be as bad as finding out he was unfaithful for the first time.

The way Harmony was fitting in perfectly with everyone's interests, I thought for sure they were going for a scam angle, where she's just a super-talented con-artist who is good at ingratiating herself with her marks before she takes them for all they're worth. But by the end, with her being the only nice one and calling them all out on their fighting, I guess that wasn't the angle the writers had in mind. Hopefully Harmony pointing out their petty fighting will help the other characters turn things around, but when the writers are used to writing those kinds of conflicts for the characters for a couple seasons, it's hard to turn on a dime and make them all suddenly different.

· Registered
4,321 Posts
I have a theory. I don't know what would happen if the show was successful and being renewed, but it seems the entire series has been devoted to the publishing of Tom's book. And now that this has happened, now what? So if it's cancelled, we've had a complete story, even if other things are going on with other family members.

I know how Tom feels. I can't just relax and not worry about things. But Marina was in a swimsuit!

There seems to have been a theme. Follow the rules! The only other scripted series I had time to watch last night was "The Conners" and Darlene bought a white couch for her new house (new to her, anyway) and wouldn't let anyone eat on it. Well, in her family, everyone watches sports while eating in front of the TV. And it could have been predicted her family members would spill on it and mess it up.

· Registered
4,321 Posts
Good episode this week. They've relied too much on Connor always being able to bail anyone out who needed it, and now he's the one who needs money. No problem. Now Tom has it.

Or is it not true that Connor's in trouble? Their reaction shows he's not exactly hurting.

141 - 160 of 186 Posts