TiVo Community Forum banner
101 - 120 of 186 Posts

· Registered
4,281 Posts
It did to me. Only "America's Funniest Home Videos" has been more obvious.
And this week they actually did an entire "commercial" for the cruise they're going to give away at the end of the season, and there was a clear message at the end that it was promotional consideration.

· Give 'em Hell, Devils
59,424 Posts
The actor who plays Tom was in at least one of the Spider-Man movies. Did anyone get the joke? I think he was one of the villains. But Tom said he didn't care for Spider-Man.
Yes, that was the joke. Topher Grace didn't want to take a pic with Spider-Man because Topher Grace played Venom in Spider-Man 3, so he's not a fan.

· Well-Known Raconteur
19,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
I never felt this was "promotional consideration", nor would I have expected any type of disclaimer. It was just an episode that happened to take place at Disneyworld (Land?). And had a whole lotta Disney in it.

· Registered
4,281 Posts
Connor is getting the job done, at least.

I was happy Marina finally got to do the room the way she wanted.

I've never liked Lupe more than seeing how she reacted to being "helped".

· Registered
4,281 Posts
While I skipped an episode, I really liked the wedding with all the problems it had. I liked the wedding music and what Tom and Marina danced to. I didn't care for Connor's reception music.

Connor is a loser that Tom will have to support. That's a good one. It is of course the other way around.

Denise looked good though I do prefer long hair on women.

· Happily Vaccinated!
63,501 Posts
The wedding was kind of cliche, with the usual TV trope, about how a wedding becomes a disaster, how the pastor always "can't make it" and some family member has to perform the ceremony. We've seen it quite often. But it was done well and it was funny. Loved Cheech Marin and the dad :)

· Well-Known Raconteur
19,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
Casey Wilson will be a nice addition to the show. Expand the small ensemble, which can get a tad claustrophobic at times. Of course they had to make her intro all creepy (stalker! Misery!), but that's typical of so many sitcoms these days.

· Registered
1,899 Posts
Is she joining the cast or will she be more like the parents, only appearing once in a while?

When she said that she realized she could be their sister after reading the book, I knew where they were going with it, but I thought they pulled it off well with everyone slowly understanding the truth.

101 - 120 of 186 Posts