TiVo Community Forum banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
And the rich brother seems to be kinda dumb (which makes you wonder how he became a rich self starter in the first place) and kind of jerk, also a TV trope for rich people. And of course the "poor" one is a flake (and being it's 2021, is a lesbian, because every show has to have an LGBTQ character, or an interracial marriage). But I did laugh and the dialog seems fairly realistic.

I thought it was decent, not great, but with potential. A bit cliche in some respects, especially "modern" cliche (or as @mattack said, PC). The average guy is a writer who I guess had some success but the last book tanked?. How about rather than get your brother to loan you money, get a, um, job or get money through service like this Best Loans Like LendUp & Similar Sites | PayDaySay ? Only on TV does this happen.
People don't like giving loan to the family members as a financial expert saying, I don't know why this is happening but this is life.

·
Registered
26,307 Posts
I gotta go check one of the cancelled lists.. I don't remember if the show was cancelled or not.. I suspect it was.

This show grew on me... It's not like it was my favorite show or anything, but was something I made sure I watched before it disappeared from Hulu or something... (kept Tivoing SD versions to keep track of which eps I've seen).

The dopey rich brother was entertaining. Though I kept forgetting and thinking he was a retired tech zillionaire, then they once in a while keep mentioning the he has a job.. which IIRC we didn't see him doing?

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I like Eric (his name on "That 70s Show), but otherwise I'm having a hard time enjoying this. Eric was always such a loser and still is, and yet somehow he can still get hot girls.

I didn't recognize Danica McKellar of "Wonder Years" but I kept thinking I knew her from somewhere.

I'm just up to the episode where the white girl married to the Black woman got a job at a snooty academy but nearly missed out when she thought her brother paid for her to get it.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
That was a very good episode where they went to the 49ers game. Even I have heard of Jerry rice but didn't recognize him. But Tom was so funny even if like me he knew nothing about sports and just looking like a complete nerd.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I continue to watch more episodes.

In January an announcer said, "The Hilarious 'Home Economics' returns."

So there is one? And it is returning? How can I watch it?

·
Well-Known Raconteur
17,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
I'm not sure what you mean, "there is one"?

It was renewed, and will return Sept 21.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean, "there is one"?

It was renewed, and will return Sept 21.
"The hilarious 'Home Economics'". Where is that?

Also, it returned in January. That's what the announcer was referring to because I'm up to January.

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,084 Posts
"The hilarious 'Home Economics'". Where is that?

Also, it returned in January. That's what the announcer was referring to because I'm up to January.
Why do you think we need an update on the fact that you're watching episodes of a show six months late?

·
Well-Known Raconteur
17,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
I thought maybe someone who saw the same episodes might want to respond.
Nobody can effing remember an episode from eight months ago. 🤬

Aah, just when I thought I had learned to ignore your posts, you drag me back in. Fool me once...

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Last night I saw the second best episode I have seen, in my opinion. Cheech was on it. He always makes whatever he is in better. Now if only he could have appeared on "Kenan". Or maybe he did.

The best episode I have seen is the one where Tom made a fool of himself at a football game.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts