TiVo Community Forum banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,387 Posts
I still like it, but the sibling rivalry thing week after week is starting to get a bit old. I imagine this is supposed to be the ABC replacement for Modern Family, but that's one thing MF did that this doesn't is vary the stories a bit. I imagine once the characters are more fleshed out the stories might get away from sibling rivalry and that's my hope.

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
It’s mostly about the family gathering. Families tend to gather in a main spot. The biggest would make sense. Also, he basically bought the house for the family to gather.

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,084 Posts
They showed an episode where everyone gathered at Sarah and Denise's place. It was way too small and made for a good one-time joke, but not something the characters (or the actors) would want to do on a regular basis. I supposed they could get together at Tom and Marina's house more often, but why would they do that when they can go hang out at Connor's palace?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
It hadn't dawned on me the Modern Family blueprint until mentioned here when sibling's partner had a crush on anothers like Phil passively harrassed Gloria. It's like they are copying situations while adding their own spin.

They must have LOL the irony of putting the new Phil with a hispanic wife.

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
Tonight’s episode made it really hard to watch because the sister and Tom’s wife are too much alike. I always have problems differentiating them but it seemed more important to the plot tonight.

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,084 Posts
Interesting. I've never thought they were similar looking at all. One is Hispanic and the other clearly isn't. One is hot and the other is annoying. :D

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
Interesting. I've never thought they were similar looking at all. One is Hispanic and the other clearly isn't. One is hot and the other is annoying. :D
The “Hispanic” only shows at times when she says “hey, I’m Hispanic.” They both seem equally hot to me. 🤷

They are too much alike. Just like the two older sisters in the first season of Last Man Standing.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts