TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 8 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
I played around with VLC 0.9.2 for a while, and couldn't make it work. It seems broken to me. I'm going to have to recommend that people stick with 0.8.x for now.
Thanks for your work on this wmcbrine. I just got this downloaded w/ the latest vlc and it crapped as Allanon reported. Found here that I needed to downgrade to 8.6i. Did that and now I'm getting:

Code:
[00000298] dummy interface: VLC media player - version 0.8.6h Janus - (c) 1996-2
008 the VideoLAN team
[00000298] dummy interface:
Warning: if you can't access the GUI anymore, open a command-line window, go to
the directory where you installed VLC and run "vlc -I wx"

[00000298] dummy interface: using the dummy interface module...
[00000315] main private: creating httpd
[00000319] mux_ps private: Open
[00000322] access_mms access: selecting stream[0x1] audio (63 kb/s)
[00000322] access_mms access: connection successful
Compiler did not align stack variables. Libavcodec has been miscompiled
and may be very slow or crash. This is not a bug in libavcodec,
but in the compiler. Do not report crashes to FFmpeg developers.
This is an MMS stream:
url=mms://wm-live.world.mii-streaming.net/live/klove/high_01 and is audio only. I bet that's the issue... Any workaround?

NASA, CNN, etc. play fine (aspect ration is way funky on my panny).

Thanks for all your work on this wmcbrine. I concur, you are a hoopy frood :)

· Registered
24 Posts
Hi wmcbrine, in this post, moyekj indicated there's a limit on the stream buffer. I assumed this is why, when streaming a full length movie (xvid ~ 2gb) it stops before the end. Is that true or is there something I can do to fix this? It's not a big deal since I can pull it over w/ pytivo and then have no problem, but it's not as effecient.

I didn't see any changes related to this, so I assume audio only stream is still not supported.

Lastly, I wonder what kind of thoughts you have purcolating re: HULU to TiVo - perhaps through PlayOn or the like. Or, am I just dreamin? :)

Thanks for your help.

· Registered
24 Posts
Important tip: read through the thread first. ;) I had a newer version of VLC installed, once I rolled back to the last 0.8 version everything's great.
Thanks for the reply Chew. The wmcbrine's start of the thread indicates the 0.8.6 is the preferred build and I've been using 0.8.6.i, so I'll downgrade from i and give it a go.

· Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for adding metadata files, it strikes one of my "wishlist" items off :up:

Two other wishlist items:

Is there a 'resume' option available (and I just don't know how to use it)?
Are there any plans for a windows installer, to run as a service?

Those are my last two (which could result in me uninstalling pyTivo). :)
I'd like to run this as a service as well. Any hopes of that? Thanks,
M

1 - 7 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.