TiVo Community Forum banner
221 - 232 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm seeing a small cosmetic issue with the HME app names in the "Music, Photos, & Showcases" list. On my Series 3 OLED they look like this:

Jukebox
PyTivo Video Manager
Tic Tac Toe

On my Premiere XL they look like this:

Jukebox
PyTivo\032Video\032Manager
Tic\032Tac\032Toe

It looks like the spaces are replaced with the character code escape sequence or something.

·
Well-Known Mumbler
11,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #224 ·
The apps that do it are apps 1) with spaces in their names, that 2) are announced via Zeroconf on the LAN. It's not HME for Python. If you want to see the same effect from a TiVo-supplied app, run their Java SDK.

If you want to see HME for Python not doing it, turn off Zeroconf, set it to run on port 80, and do "Manually add a server" from the SD menus. (It won't work properly in the HD menus, unless you use the Git version of HME for Python, due to other recent changes (bugs) in how the HD menus handle HME. Version 0.21 coming soon...)

More details here: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=497441

·
Unregistered User
250 Posts
I recently upgraded (clean install) the OS on my server. It's a headless version of Fedora 19. I am having difficulty getting HME for python to start with my init.d script. This is the same script I have used before and I can't find anything that would stop it from working with Fedora 19. I am able to run pyhme manually with the following call, so it is setup properly.

Code:
sudo python /usr/share/pyhme/start.py
I wrote a full wiki page, documenting how I installed pyTiVo, HME, and vidmgr. The wiki is here, if you want to see how I have everything configured.

Below is the script I am using. Any suggestions for getting it to work would be appreciated.

Code:
#!/bin/bash
# chkconfig: 2345 99 05
# description: pyHME server
### INIT INFO
# Provides: pyhme
# Required-Start: $network
# Required-Stop: $network
# Default-Start: 2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop: 0 1 6
# Short-description: pyHME server
# Description: Start and stop the pyHME server.
### END INIT INFO
RETVAL=0

start() {
echo -n "Starting pyHME: "
pgrep -f start.py
RETVAL=$?
[ $RETVAL -eq 0 ] && echo "pyHME already running: Exiting" && exit 1
# this call actually starts pyHME.
cd /usr/share/pyhme
python start.py > /dev/null 2>&1 &
RETVAL=$?
[ $RETVAL -eq 0 ] && echo -n "done"
echo
return $RETVAL
}
stop() {
echo -n "Stopping pyHME: "
pkill -f start.py
RETVAL=$?
echo
[ $RETVAL -eq 0 ] && echo -n "done"
echo
return $RETVAL
}
checkstatus() {
        if [ ! `pgrep -f python` ]; then
         echo -n $"pyHME is stopped"
         echo
        else
         echo "pyHME is running."
        fi
}
# See how we were called.
case "$1" in
start)
start
;;
stop)
stop
;;
status)
 checkstatus
;;

restart|reload)
stop
sleep 1
start
RETVAL=$?
;;
*)
echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop|restart}"
exit 1
esac
exit $RETVAL

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
William,

I'm having an issue with HME for Python, although it is possible the issue is with one of the plug-ins. The issue is the app has an apparent memory issue, perhaps a memory leak. I just re-started HME for Python after 11 days uptime, and it's memory footprint is 11.6 MiB. It had grown to over 900 MiB in those 11 days.

221 - 232 of 232 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.