TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Blasphemer: Uses DVR
Joined
·
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BEST ... START ... EVER.

How can people not be talking about the Hellmuth/Matusow hand? I don't want to spoil it because people NEED to see it happen.
 

·
Comfortably Numb
Joined
·
11,689 Posts
MitchO said:
BEST ... START ... EVER.

How can people not be talking about the Hellmuth/Matusow hand? I don't want to spoil it because people NEED to see it happen.
It was a great hand. It is the only part of the show i have seen so far since I had to turn it off rught after that hand. But i thought it was a fantastic display of poker skill.
 

·
randomize
Joined
·
4,988 Posts
Do you think Hellmuth would have thrown a fit if Mike called him ... or would he have simply said "good call" and let it go?
 

·
TV MA SLV
Joined
·
27,798 Posts
He throws fits when he perceives people make stupid plays against him, yet win.

Calling with KK wouldn't have been a stupid play, so he wouldn't have said anything.

-smak-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,143 Posts
Come on, smak. It's Phil. He would have complained that there is no way the Mouth should call a bet that big, because Phil could have had trip 6s.
 

·
That A-hole
Joined
·
22,544 Posts
MitchO said:
BEST ... START ... EVER.

How can people not be talking about the Hellmuth/Matusow hand? I don't want to spoil it because people NEED to see it happen.
We are at www.tcpokercommunity.com (it's a poker site that is for TCF members only)

Come join us!

ok now for the non-spam content of my post.

The 2-7 hand by Hellmuth was great, but only because Matusow is a total moron and folded.. there's no WAY i'm folding there.

The other guy who tried the 2-7 trick against quads was better... that shows you how to play like a moron. Those prop bets are stupid... why risk $100k to win $3500 in props?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,143 Posts
scottjf8 said:
We are at the redundantly named www.tcpokercommunity.com (it's a poker site that is for TCF members only)

Those prop bets are stupid... why risk $100k to win $3500 in props?
FYP, and it's because they are gamblers and it's fun, and it mixes the game up for TV.
 

·
That A-hole
Joined
·
22,544 Posts
JETarpon said:
FYP, and it's because they are gamblers and it's fun, and it mixes the game up for TV.
Yah, we wanted tcpoker but it's taken by some triple crown site...

Although there are one or two others that I think we might use one day...
 

·
God bless Texas :)
Joined
·
7,886 Posts
scottjf8 said:
The 2-7 hand by Hellmuth was great, but only because Matusow is a total moron and folded.. there's no WAY i'm folding there.
Hellmuth is ahead there 80%+ of the time. Folding there is not horrible, IMO, given how Hellmuth plays, he only beats a bluff.

scottjf8 said:
The other guy who tried the 2-7 trick against quads was better... that shows you how to play like a moron. Those prop bets are stupid... why risk $100k to win $3500 in props?
anything but a K or maybe AA and the guy folds. the worst part was the KK guy raising the turn given how strong the guy was betting into him. call turn / shove river.

i disagree on the 2-7 prop bet. it is awesome and drives a ton of action / indecision.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top