TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure I am not the only adult who sometimes downloads adult videos from the Internet on my pc and then transfers them to my Tivo (Premier) to watch them on the larger screen.

Has any one found a way to hide these videos so they don't appear in the Now Playing list when you don't want them to, but can be made to appear when you do?

Perhaps this could be done by some how marking these videos as Adult, so they don't appear when Parental Controls are on.

An alternative approach would be to have all the videos on the Tivo that came from a PC appear in a Group, as if they were all episodes of one show.

If anyone here has found a way to do this, or knows whether Tivo is considering something like this, I'd appreciate knowing about it.

As an aside, it's weird that when I typed this the forum under-lines the word Tivo as if it's never heard of it.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
16,595 Posts
I'm sure I am not the only adult who sometimes downloads adult videos from the Internet on my pc and then transfers them to my Tivo (Premier) to watch them on the larger screen.

Has any one found a way to hide these videos so they don't appear in the Now Playing list when you don't want them to, but can be made to appear when you do?

Perhaps this could be done by some how marking these videos as Adult, so they don't appear when Parental Controls are on.

An alternative approach would be to have all the videos on the Tivo that came from a PC appear in a Group, as if they were all episodes of one show.

If anyone here has found a way to do this, or knows whether Tivo is considering something like this, I'd appreciate knowing about it.

As an aside, it's weird that when I typed this the forum under-lines the word Tivo as if it's never heard of it.

Thanks in advance
That's probably the dictionary in your own browser or otherwise somewhere on your own computer complaining about the spelling of TiVo.

Right click on the word while it has the squiggly line under it and then click "Add to dictionary".

One of these days I've got to get around to doing the same for TiVos, and TiVo's.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
You need to generate metadata to group recordings into one folder. This is what I do to group transferred recordings into one folder using windows command prompt. After I generate the metadata I then use pyTivo to transferred them to my TiVo.

Change the stuff in Red to match your needs.

Start a windows command prompt:
Code:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
Then copy/paste the following code in the command prompt window.

Move to directory on the PC where your recordings are:
Code:
cd documents/[COLOR="red"]My Tivo Recordings[/COLOR]
This will loop though all *.mp4 recordings and generate metadata for each recording. All recordings will be group into a folder called Transferred Movies:
Code:
for %i in (*.[COLOR="Red"]mp4[/COLOR]) do echo episodeTitle : %~ni > %i.txt & echo title : [COLOR="Red"]Transferred Movies [/COLOR]>> %i.txt & echo isEpisode : false >> %i.txt & echo seriesTitle : [COLOR="red"]Transferred Movies [/COLOR]>> %i.txt & echo seriesId : SH00012344 >> %i.txt

·
COX Communications
2,486 Posts
You can accomplish what you want by creating proper metadata text files for each of the videos, and choosing the proper rating so that Parental Controls will block access.

As far as the Title you would need to change the Title, you cannot hide specific Titles.
EDIT: Parental Controls does allow you to hide Adult Titles, you would need to find the proper metadata tag to mark the file as Adult.

Grouping is also easy, by using the same seriesId and seriesTitle in each text file for each program.

Example:
Group - Bob's Movies
1st Movie - A-Movie-One.mp4
1st Text File - A-Movie-One.mp4.txt

Contents of A-Movie-One.mp4.txt
I am not sure what the value of the tvRating : should be.
Change other values as needed.
Code:
title : A Movie One
episodeTitle : A Movie One
seriesTitle : Bob's Movies
seriesId : SH0000009
description : A Movie One
time : 2015-12-07T03:00:00Z
isEpisode : true
iso_duration : PT30M00S
originalAirDate : 2015-12-07T03:00:00Z
tvRating : <Adult value here>

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
I have an unRAID server that allows me to set up shares. A share is basically a folder that is spread across the entire array. When I add more files to the share they get installed on the drive with the most free space so the data is spread evenly across the array. I can include or exclude certain drives from a share so that data copied to any given share is not installed on a drive I don't want anyone else to access.

To access a shared folder, I can simply map the share like I would any drive on my network. I set up the shared folders on each PC that I want everyone else to see and just leave the ones I want to keep from prying eyes unmapped. To access the hidden shares I simply map them and uncheck the box that automatically reconnects the share when the PC is rebooted. I can then disconnect the share from the PC when I'm done viewing the contents. No one will ever see the hidden shares unless they know how to access them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.