TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got off the phone with DTV (just got new HR20's and was activating them). During the activation, the operator got handed a note that said the new HD channels that were supposed to roll out tomorrow have been delayed. No word on when but she said probably by a few days.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guys, i have no reason to lie. I spent 20 minutes with her on the phone and at one point her supervisor handed her that note. She read it and said there would be a slight delay. She then covered her mic and asked him how long. He said he didn't know. Then she came back on the phone and told me the bad news. I hope it's not true...we'll see tomorrow I guess.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I just called DTV and a CSR told me that the new HD channels will only be available when the new DirecTV HR-TivoS3 is released by end of year. This new combined mpeg 4 capable receiver will feature a 4 terabyte drive, so plenty of storage. They said you can use the code HDVR4U to receive it for only a $99 lease fee. :eek: :p

I'll be watching my new HD channels tomorrow morning :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
jfalkingham said:
I just called DTV and a CSR told me that the new HD channels will only be available when the new DirecTV HR-TivoS3 is released by end of year. This new combined mpeg 4 capable receiver will feature a 4 terabyte drive, so plenty of storage. They said you can use the code HDVR4U to receive it for only a $99 lease fee. :eek: :p

I'll be watching my new HD channels tomorrow morning :D
As much as I wished they still kept Tivo, that's funny!

I'll be enjoying new HD channels when I get home tomorrow too.

·
Registered
216 Posts
All hail Tuncer ;)

Seriously, I apologize for doubting what you reported. Sometimes its hard to take the reality pill! Everyone - give it up for the man brave enough to tell us we are all wrong. :(

·
Pro Troll Magnet
15,197 Posts
tuncer said:
Guys, i have no reason to lie. I spent 20 minutes with her on the phone and at one point her supervisor handed her that note. She read it and said there would be a slight delay. She then covered her mic and asked him how long. He said he didn't know. Then she came back on the phone and told me the bad news. I hope it's not true...we'll see tomorrow I guess.
No-one's accusing you of lying. I personally have no doubt it happened just the way you said.

Unfortunately, most of us here have played CSR roulette and are fully aware that a lot of them actually know nothing or are full of misinformation.

We tend to take any unconfirmed story from them with a grain of salt until proven otherwise.

·
Former P3 Tester
44 Posts
CSR = don't believe anything they say!

P.S. I have some swamp land for sale in Florida if you are interested.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.