TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
455 Posts
CEC Bonus Fix
You can run this command to access the CEC menu to turn off CEC entirely and prevent your Tivo from waking stuff up:
After you run this command, do you need to do anything else to turn CEC off? It sounds like this turns something on in Settings that you then have to go do.

I have a Sony X900F and it was initially powering on and off fine, but no volume or mute. After I ran the first command, rebooted, repaired the remote, and then entered the code for volume and mute, that worked. But things are now a little wonky. The TV now sometimes switches from external speakers (Sonos Beam) to internal, and after it does that I ironically can't control the sound. You'd think it would be just the opposite. I'm wondering if the TS4K is mucking with the CEC between the TV and Sonos. The code I put in to the remote was for Sony, not Sonos. Its also misbehaving a bit now on power on/off. Before it was solid. Now it is sometimes turning on the TV, but the TS4K is asleep and requiring another button press to wake it up. It wasn't doing any of that before. For such a great remote, they really mucked this handshaking with the TV up.

· Registered
455 Posts
To answer my own question, that command brings up the CEC menu where you can turn it off. After several days of trying to get the volume commands to work with the commands in this thread, I have given up. It would take the code and work for a few hours and then forget the code apparently and have to be reprogrammed again. So I undid the procedure here, re-enabled CEC, and repaired the remote to work with the older LG TV that it worked great with out of the box. No amount of effort now will get the volume working again with the LG TV like it was before. This remote is the perfect form factor and keys in one sense and maddening in the other because of this crap with volume control. When I have nothing else to do I guess I'll try to reset this to out of the box and start over with installing and configuring Channels and DVR and the other apps. If that doesn't getting it working again with this LG TV then I may just send it back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts