TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was stuck on the "now playing" page while a movie was being recorded. After repeatedly trying to leave that screen, my tivo box stopped recording and suddenly went to the "Welcome. Powering up." page! Then it went through the starting up motions and eventually starting recording the movie again, as a new recording.

I know I'm close to using up my 40 hrs of storage time; but would that cause such a problem?

Thanks for any help.

·
Don't know much
575 Posts
Yes that will cause what you describe. It has happened to me because my lovely wife records every program in the known universe on a season pass. When the disc nears capacity strange things happen.

·
TechKnow Guide
4,779 Posts
Sorry Jerry, but it really doesn't work that way. Tivo's hard drive is essentially always full of recordings ... your specified recordings plus its own Suggestions plus its "Live TV" buffer. Of course, strange things do happen with Tivos that can result in reboots. If it only happens once very blue moon, then it's probably nothing to worry about. If it happens often, then it's time to consider causes like overheating, AC power glitches, or hard drive problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.