TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have an upgraded Tivo box and up until today have been using freeview STB with no problems.

Today, I have installed SKY and have been trying to go through the guided set-up to change it over to SKY.

My box is networked and makes its calls over the internet/broadband. I also have TWP installed and working.

The problem is that when it goes to the Setup Call screen, it seems to stick on Housekeeping. The first time it tried to call (after you put your postcode in) it did this fine. I then went through, selecting my channels and getting the codes for the new STB to work and I got to the stage where it was going to call again. Here at this point in was 'housekeeping' for over 2 hours before I pulled the power.

Now I get guided set-up when I switched the power back on but am stuck at the first housekeeping/setup call stage.

Any suggestions anyone?

(to make things worse my remote has broken so am having to use the TWP remote to control it whilst I wait for new one to come through the post!)

Thanks
Tim

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Colin.

The logs don't make any sense to me unfortunately.

I guess I will just have to leave it going. Its just odd that the first time round, it passed this stage quickly (initial set-up call).

If anyone knows what / where I should look in the logs, please let me know.
Thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks - I'd actually just pulled the plug and just put aeiral as the input, but its still looks like its going to be stuck at 'housekeeping' for a while... could anyone make any sense of the logs that I posted earlier, or have any other ideas?

I'm lost without my Tivo !!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wait just one minute...!!

I tried again, but this time with the areial and analogue cable option... and i whizzed past housekeeping and currently importing... things are looking up...

Sorry rwtomkins, looks like you were right all along!

I love you Tivo and didn't mean any of those nasty things i said earlier!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.