TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
It wasn't me.
1,381 Posts
I believe that the housekeeping phase is where TiVo clears down various databases and prepares new 'folders' (for want of a better concept) before going to get new set of EPG. Going from one channel line up to another would, IMO, take quite some time due to TiVo trying to realign itself with the new setup (including things like thumbs, season passes, etc).

Check your logs to see if there are any 'suspicious' entries (I can't say what suspicious would be) and if nothing looks strange, you might have to leave TiVo to sort itself out overnight.

·
It wasn't me.
1,381 Posts
Ahhh - if the first time was quick and now it's slow, it's no doubt that you have a very much larger line-up (channels) than before. Therefore it's got loads to clean down, etc.

Having said that, 2 hours sounds quite long. Post your tvlog, tclient, Otclient and Otvlog files as attachments.

·
It wasn't me.
1,381 Posts
Looking at the logs, it suggests that your TiVo was indeed 'houskeeping' all the suggestions, recordings, season passes, etc.

But you're on your way now. Have fun - buy TiVo some chocolate or something. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.